All reviews life changing lose weight ron and julie lost lbs birch creek exercise classes de stress life style surrounded by nature daily walk junk food stretch classes canyon ranch program nutrition health results
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I've been back a week from Costa Rica Birchcreek which was the best thing I ever did for myself. This place is on the non commercial side, a secluded retreat away from everything, close to a secluded beach with scenic views. This place is for those who truly want to change their eating habits and detox. This is not a resort luxury hotel on the beach with lots of shopping (there are excursions you can take if you want). This small retreat is led by Julie and Ron who are passionate about living a healthy lifestyle and teaching it to others. 10 days of juicing and rigorous exercise allowed me lose 13 lbs and I continue to live this program. I Also did some relaxing on the beach, hiking and horseback riding through pasture and forests. A lot of scenic green country to see with monkeys, cows and animals all around you. I am loving my new way of eating and thinking thanks to Julie, Ron and the wonderful staff they have. Not having a vacation in 5 years, I wanted everything. This place was everything I could want, a vacation, plus detox, plus adventure plus so much more. I can't wait to go back.

Date of stay: July 2013
5  Thank Jodi S
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Birchcreek Costa Rica is a gem amid tropical beauty. You will lose weight, you will exercise, you will rest and recuperate, and you will have fun! Most importantly, you will learn food facts you never knew. Caring and compassionate staff, excellent spa treatments, clean and cozy accommodations, opportunities for touring and excursions - all here. Look no further - this program works! I lost 14 lbs in 13 days!!!

Date of stay: July 2013
2  Thank ELNYC123
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My daughters saw an ad for Birchcreek in Costa Rica and we decided to try a healthful vacation for a change. This program is totally different than anything we had ever experienced. We had juice three times a day, and surprisingly we did not feel hungry. You can decide what level of exercising you want to participate in. We did the power program which kept us busy exercising all morning and allowed time in the afternoon to go into town to visit the unique shops or to the beach. We also enjoyed a fabulous adventure tour which included zip-lining, horseback riding, tubing and natural hot springs. All the staff at Birchcreek are very nice and accommodating. The trainers are awesome and customize the level of exercise based on your ability. All the guests were very supportive which made the entire experience more enjoyable. The seminars were very informative and eye opening. You will come away with a whole new approach to healthy eating. We all lost weight and were pleased with our results. We have continued the healthy eating habits we learned at Birchcreek!

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Jeanette S
Reviewed June 10, 2013

For those seeking to healthfully take off weight and learn how to keep it off, Birchcreek Retreat at Pine Hill is the retreat for you. I was there for just under two weeks and not only lost weight, but came away educated on how to eat in a way that will makes me stronger, fitter, more energized, helps the body heal, and which isn't merely centered on 'dieting.' I witnessed people losing inches in just days by way of the program's detox juicing and was amazed by the difference I felt in my own body in a short time. Add to that the quaint surroundings of Pine Hill, plush terrain of the NY Catskills, comfy accommodations, and a caring, supportive, informed and encouraging team of trainers and staff, you literally can't help but grow well. A quality retreat and effective weight loss program, Highly recommended to those seeking rest, wellness and self-restoration. Birchcreek will amaze!

Date of stay: June 2013
1  Thank tranquil t
Reviewed June 2, 2013

If you are serious about your health or weight loss this retreat is for you. Let me preface this, by telling you, I did the pure and simple program, not the power program. This means I worked out on my own, or could have gone on the morning 1.5 hour hike. I enjoyed the juices, my big room and the staff. I have a lot of health and food allergies and the staff were very attune to my needs, when they could have been annoyed, I needed separate juices and smoothies. I hit a health wall, because of the detox and the heat one day, and the staff were very motherly taking caring of me. I really appreciated it and recovered well afterward. Birchcreek is known to have specials, so just ask. Sophia the owner of this retreat, in Pine Hill, New York was fantastic, sweet, funny and everyone loved her. Same can be said about the trainers and Vivian and Aleska, who make the juices and salads. Whatever the reason for your visit here, you are making the right decision.

Date of stay: May 2013