All reviewslife changingron and julieweight lossde stressexercise classeslife stylejuices and smoothiescertain foodsstretch classesher husbandlbsprogramnutritionhealthresultspoundsretreat
Reviewed November 24, 2011

I was really just looking to get away by myself for a few days to relax, rejuvenate and and get motivated to live a healthier lifestyle. It was that and more. Great walks in the surrounding Catskill mountains, great tasting juices and very nice accommodations. The staff were friendly and informative. Great place. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank Patty C
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I had an amazing time at Birchcreek Retreat at the Villas Samara resort. The setting was incredible, and being able to jog and horse ride on the beach made it magical. The villas were comfortable, with your personal hammock on your deck. Julie and Ron made it comfortable, took great care of everyone, and made the necessary tweaks to accommodate everyone.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Alicia N
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I was quite happy with this program. Julie & Ron run a program that they are quite passionate about and it shows. They hired two amazing trainers that I cannot rave enough about. Anke was my fitness trainer. Karina taught Yoga. They were serious about the work and me getting the most out of my time there. No matter how tired I was I did not skip a class.

Julie would lead or join in our morning hikes. Ron lead a workout that I loved to hate (yet, I am practicing it at home). They were very thorough and engaged during my seminars with them. I found the discussions useful and lively. I especially liked how they worked to help me to think how to live a healthier life without setting myself up for failure.

I would suggest that anyone who attends remind themselves why they are there in the first place. What you were doing before was not working. If it did you would not be there in the first place, right? When you get there commit to doing the work and learning. Allow yourself to succeed. My fellow attendee proved you can do amazing things when you do.

Oh, if Julie and Ron ever offer to prepare a meal for you I suggest you take them up on it. I had no intention of going vegetarian but they proved it can be done quite deliciously.

Thanks for my 16.1 pounds off. The compliments I am getting are quite nice. I like the face I see in the Mirror and the old clothes that I can wear again.

Thank You!
P.S. The Costa Rica location is currently undergoing renovation. I was already seeing signs of how amazing it will be. Julie and Ron were quite aggressive at making sure the Villas Playa Samara staff treated their Birchcreek customers well.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank LeeJ137
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I came to Birchcreek Retreat in Costa Rica to loose weight, but not only did I loose 17 pounds (8kilo) in the first week and 30 in 3 weeks.. :-) :-) I also changed all my knowledge about nutrition and got into a much much better shape.. my life is changed and it is all because of the wonderfull programme and great staff.. I enjoyed every minute of it..!!!
By the way.. the detox and juicing makes a big difference in only a few days and it happens without any hunger..

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank Nikolaj74
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Brichcreek is just amazing. Julie and Ron have really developed an effective program that allows you to juice fast comfortably while achieving amazing weight loss results. I personally lost almost 10 lbs in 6 days. I did the boot camp program and didn't really know how I would do exercising 5 hours a day while juice fasting. I was surprised that I wasn't hungry considering how much I was working out. I did sneak some coconut water here and there in town but it’s just juice right :)

Anke was our personal trainer and she was so good I want to move her to Houston to live with me! I just ended up getting smaller all around and I know it was from losing weight but also because of all the different exercises that Anke had me doing. It's hard to change up 5 hours everyday but she managed to do it. We worked out on the beach, in the group area, in the weight room.... She was just a pleasure to be around and such an expert in fitness.

I have juice fasted before with another company and this program is quite unique. Ron and Julie make it unique. They are real juicing gurus. You don't always find people that have such an extensive knowledge about the juices and what they are doing once they are ingested and Ron KNOWS! It’s hard to believe that he's not a doctor. He sure knows more than my general practitioner and if I have any health issues I will be sure to check in with him to see what he recommends (seriously). One of our co-fasters was there working on Diabetes reversal. I can't wait for his book to come out. This program is so well thought out and organized and I really felt like I was in good hands; you could tell that they have been refining their program for 10 years. It was so nice to have spent this kind of money and feel that it was worth every penny. I would have paid more but ended up catching one of their specials. Julie is equally as awesome as Ron. I got the impression that she is the one behind the scenes making everything happen and I coordinated everything with her. They are a great team. They both are making this program awesome and Julie is the one who make us sorbet!

I saved the best for last.... BARBARA! I can not count how many times I have had a massage and been so disappointed that the person didn't know what they were doing. Barbara is literally and angel sent down to heal people. She aligned one of our co-fasters jaws that would of cost him almost $5K to fix. She massaged out another one of our co-fasters' hips and now she can walk without limping. She fixed my girlfriend’s hamstring that had been giving her problems since May in one session. After my first deep tissue massage with Barbara I told everyone that it was "Hands down absolutely the best massage I have ever had in my life!" I am a real spa junkie and have had a ton of massages but I would fly to NY just to see Barbara. I actually want to fly her into Houston to work on my husband. She is just a true healer. She is a REAL doctor and so knowledgeable about the body and how food can be used as medicine. She is just an absolute gem in this world and I feel so lucky to have had the opportunity to work with her. She is amazing; you just have to experience to truly understand how gifted and talented she is. (She has been doing this for over 25 years!)

I was looking for a juice fasting program and when I saw this one in Costa Rica organized by an American company I jumped on it. I was completely satisfied and have recommended Birchcreek already to my friends and family and would recommend it whether in Costa Rica or in NY to anyone that asked me about juice fasting. I would definitely work with Birchcreek again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends