“Bad food & non-English speaking waitress”

Tequila Sal y Limon
Ranked #7 of 20 Restaurants in Piermont
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The place looked lovely. The weather was perfect, so sitting on a terrace eating seemed great & it was..... well the sitting part was.
Don't know why I didn't check with TripAdvisor before I went in. BIG MISTAKE!
The food was absolutely tasteless. The waitress, although sweet, didn't speak English well. I asked for hot sauce & got red water in a dish. Salsa was obviously jarred, watered down & tasteless, like the rest of the food.

I'd NEVER go there again & will warn my friends & family not to, either.
There are so many restaurants at Piermont, I can't believe this one stays in business.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Quasi-Mexican food. If you see ground beef, crispy-shell tacos, and cheese on everything on the menu, not a good sign if you are after authentic Mexican food. Margarita tasted synthetic and way overly sweet. Salsa was sheeny and tomatoey - perhaps from a jar. Very pleasant on the balcony and right in the middle of main street, but the food was just too bland, and it pained me, because it could be so much better. Waitservice seemed to have low morale; felt like perhaps management wasn't supportive or the overall vibe of working there wasn't positive.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

My husband and I went here for an evening out with dinner. We loved the location on the second floor and the opportunity to sit outside on the porch on a balmy evening. The service was friendly and the drinks were great. However, when the food arrived, the plate was filled with a lot of rice and beans of mediocre quality and taste. The main course was not at all distinctive and simply was food to fill you up. No taste experience here. There are other better Mexican places in Rockland County to check out. Try this place for drinks and snacks on a night out rather than dinner. The nachos were tasty although they were soggy in the middle. Expensive for the quality and taste. Not a good value.

1  Thank dancer735
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Charming ! Respectable margaritas. Sharp and potent sangria. Inexpensive.
But the food is so sloppy. Everything is one mass of beans, sauce, cheese and mushy tortilla. How about a tofu-fajita for all the vegetarians who live in Piermont ?

Want nachos and drinks. Great place to go. Looking for dinner...eh ?

Reviewed April 21, 2012

First of all, I must clarify that even the best Mexican food in New York would be only mediocre in California, not surprising considering that California was Mexico until recently. If you want great Mexican buy a plane ticket and fly west. With that stated, I have to admit that the food here is very good. The margaritas are phenomenal and the service is above average. I will definitely be returning to this restaurant. I had dinner with my wife, we ordered the combination platters and the portions were very generous as well as tasty.

Been to Tequila Sal y Limon? Share your experiences!