“A home away from home”
Review of Phoenicia Belle

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Phoenicia
Phoenicia Belle
Ranked #2 of 2 Phoenicia B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 7, 2013

What a wonderful place to stay in the Phoenicia. Kiwi Tom was a most welcoming host for our stay, always helpful and good for a chat. The room was huge, and wonderfully appointed with Victorian style furnishings, the bed was amazingly comfortably. Tom's breakfast the next day was a feast, cereal and warm oatmeal, wonderful fresh fruit, and homemade muffins which my wife and I saved for the bus trip home. Thanks again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Phoenicia Belle

Reviewed April 6, 2013

My wife and I booked a last minute stay here as a stopover on a long drive and we are glad we did. The Belle was immaculate! We stayed in the Violet Suite and it was superb. Phoenicia itself has some nice restaurants and shops. It was the perfect place to go and relax.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Corey S
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I arrived to my little getaway one nite to find my heat did not work. I drove back to Phoenicia and decided to try to get a room for the nite here. It was late and the note on the door had a number to call. Within minuets the innkeeper arrived and I checked in to a beautifully decorated, warm and comfortable , clean room for the nite. The innkeeper was so pleasant and accommodating and didn't mind at all that it was late . I have passed by the Phoenicia Belle for years and years never knowing what was inside. This is a great place to stay in the heart of one of the most beautiful hamlets of the Catskills on its Main Street.. Although I did not have the breakfast, I glanced at a beautifully set table with very inviting fresh food highly recommend this B & B for any season. A must stay. Thank you Tom

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Just got back from a short stay at the " Phoenicia Belle B & B " in main street Phoenicia.
If your in the Catskills Mountain region for a weekend or vacation and are thinking of staying in Woodstock, drive the extra few miles into Phoenicia and experience breathtaking views of the mountains, unravel to the sounds of meandering streams and find the best hiking and fishing locations from well informed local people that go out of their way to help you.
Tom is a world class host and the " Belle " is as good as if not better than any B & B I've stayed in worldwide.
Complimentary Organic Coffee , organic herbal Fair trade teas, home made breakfast and suites with that " welcome home feel " from the minute you walk in the door .
Sip your morning coffee or Orange juice on the front porch of this classic Victorian B & B and try not to think about checking out !
Looking forward to our next trip.
Thanks Tom

Room Tip: We had the upstairs suite, kitchen with real stove , pillow top mattress for a relaxing & sound...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Steven M
Reviewed July 22, 2012

A great 'bed and breakfast' on Phoenicia's Main Street, less than 200 feet from the Trailways NYC Bus stop. Tom is a wonderful host, friendly and helpful, and his (optional) breakfast is a perfect alternative to Sweet Sue's pancake regimen. The common room or 'lounge', with its real-wood fireplace, is a cozy way to spend an evening when the weather is cold.

Room Tip: Each room or apartment has its own personality, so read the website descriptions carefully to match...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I give this B&B FIVE STARS. The room was beautiful. The room & bath was impeccable. We had Tom's special blend oatmeal & fresh fruit for breakfast -- steel cut oats made with milk and topped with Vermont Maple Syrup -- yummy. Great coffee. Tom was a gracious host and introduced us to all of the other guests. We had been disappointed with another establishment, and a local restaurant owner suggested we contact the Phoenicia Belle when we asked if she knew of another place to stay. I had to do some work and had internet access, and worked on lovely and clean front porch. No dust. No cobwebs. No mold smells. The bed... it was far more comfortable than my bed at home. We will absolutely be returning next year. Our only "complaint" was lack of a good reading lamp (because I like to read before I fall asleep). But I will be back .

Room Tip: Go for the downstairs suite.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank minesafety
Reviewed April 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night having first arrived in the USA back in September 2011.

Overall, our experience was very positive. The room we had was really a suite, and was the largest accommodation we had over our 3 week visit to North America. The bed was comfortable, the furnishings traditional and appropriate for the property, and everything was very clean. Be advised though – there was no TV on our room. No issue for us, but just be aware.

The wireless Internet connection worked just fine.

The host was attentive and ensured we knew where everything was.

Breakfast is optional but my advice is to take it – it's delicious, in as large a quantity as anyone could possibly need, and is very healthy. In our case it consisted of all kinds of fruit, nuts, seeds, as well as the more normal muffins (warmed), fruit juices and coffee.

The area round about is scenic and has a lot to offer both hikers and those just touring around.

There is a pizzeria opposite and our experience here was not particularly positive, with both cooking and service that leave a lot to be desired (how hard can it be make a pizza for goodness sake).

Summary: recommended.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenicia
The Woodstock Inn on the Millstream
Best Western Plus Kingston Hotel & Conference Center
The Graham & Co.
The Graham & Co.
#1 of 2 in Phoenicia

Been to Phoenicia Belle? Share your experiences!