“Comfort Food Done Right”
Review of Phoenicia Diner

Phoenicia Diner
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Phoenicia
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Phoenicia Diner serves your favorite diner standbys made with locally-sourced and fresh seasonal ingredients from nearby Catskills and Hudson Valley farms.
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I've eaten at the NEW Phoenicia Diner countless times since it reopened under its new management and I can say, everything I've eaten there has been consistently delicious. Last time I was in, I had the lamb burger special, and oh... mah... gawd, it was succulent.

My son and I are regulars, and we are still working our way around the menu made up of lots of locally sourced ingredients.

But this place is more than just food, it's the ambiance. It's a real homey diner, cleaned up, preserved and modernized just a bit for today's upstater.

Whether your passing through or live in the area, you really have to go and experience this place. It emulates what the evolution of Phoenicia is all about, classic, fresh, comfortable and down right delicious!!!

My only complaint, they don't stay open for dinner. Fortunately, there's Peekamouse Tap Room up the road for that :)

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We agree with all the wonderful reviews of Phoenicia Diner. Well deserved! My husband and I were in town for a week in late April, and must have gone here about 3-4 times for a late breakfast (served all day) or lunch. The diner closed at 5:00pm and didn't serve dinner (we'd definitely be back if they did!). We had the pleasure of meeting and talking with the new owner, Mike Cioffi. (Ask him the history behind the Arnold Bennett skillet.) We recommend any of the skillets on the menu, and the French toast was phenomenal. All in all, this is a really nice, friendly, clean, comfortable restaurant with good, fresh food. Its location off the highway is nestled among trees, and there is plenty of parking and a nice view of the mountains.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

In my line of work, I unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) have a very crtical eye for the customer service experience CSE! Let me say, Phoenicia Diner gets it all right! Wonderful place, I was so happy and will be happy to go back.

They are attentive in the correct way, making sure you have everything you need without being overbearing. Service is prompt and accurate, a HUGE difference from the much over hyped slow and rude service at "Peekamouse" down rt 28.

The space is bright, clean and inviting. It shows that ownership and staff really care

Best of all the food is amazing! We went for breakfast and all four of our party loved what they ordered, and we look forward to lunch and dinner here

Great work guys and gals of Phoenicia Diner, you have a great place here

Reviewed May 19, 2013

If anyone is missing Sweet Sue's, this is the next go-to eatery in Phoenicia. Newly reopened with new owner and amazing chef, all food is locally sourced and much of it organic. Not typical diner fare! Farm-to-table menu (and prices- not typical diner prices either) with great retro vibe. Milkshakes too. Best bet: Waffles with strawberries or the Salad Nicoise.

1  Thank ChistiandMichael
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

What used to be "the creepy diner near Phoenicia" is now one of the best diners I have ever been to! Our fav Sweet Sues is closed and someone mentioned this spot on Facebook. Comfortable, clean, welcoming, and delicious!!! They use all local farms so it's great to know you are supporting multiple businesses! I had an egg white omlette with goat cheese, mushroom and spinach along with delicious crispy home fries! Please be sure to head here and support them because when Sweet Sues re-opens there will no doubt be competition. Both are worthy of your business!! Can't wait to head back.