“Awesome Pizza”

Brio's Pizzeria & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Phoenicia
Cuisines: American, Italian, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Alexandria, Virginia
“Awesome Pizza”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

The pizza here is amazing! Some of the best I have ever had. We sat outside and had a great time. Service wasnt awesome but we werent in a rush.

• Visited June 2014

Oneonta, New York
“I'm done with Brio's...”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

A friend and I were there on Monday night at about 8:30 and had excellent service. The place was packed inside and out and our waitress was great. Friendly etc. Food was good and the way we ordered. Friday afternoon however, night and day with staff. I took my mother in for a 4th of July lunch. She'd never been in before and isn't going back. And it was nowhere near as busy as Monday was. Pull up a chair...
Our waiter was a joke. No personal touch at all. No "Here you go, do you need anything else?", no coming back to check on us as the other waitresses were doing, we asked a waitress to clean up a mess someone spilled under our table before we sat down "Oh ok!" nobody ever came back. The waiter we had took our order by memory. I don't mind this as long as it's correct. It was not. The red clam sauce is a complete joke. There was one lousy clam in the sauce and when asked, our waiter went to the back and promptly came out "They said that's how it comes out". Really? No, that's marinara or regular spaghetti sauce NOT red clam sauce (believe me, my mom KNOWS her red clam sauce...). For almost $14, there better be clams in that sauce, I'm sorry. When I confronted the waiter on poor quality of service and our orders being wrong (and really if you say red clam sauce on a menu, there BETTER be clams in it!), he started to get defensive and tried to argue. You never ever argue or dismiss a customer's complaint. EVER. Now, I did so politely, not rude...tho I was not happy at all. We're NOT coming back. I asked for a burger with no lettuce/tomato etc...I got one with everything and when I asked, "Well it comes with that standard". Yes but I asked for it without. Monday I got what I asked for. What a crock. Very rude, impolite, horrible service and downright unfriendly. Also, eating with your fingers while behind the walk up counter...while not on break, not a cool thing to do in front of customers; especially near where someone is rolling silverware and while serving food to tables. I don't want your hands near your mouth, then grab my plate of food to serve it. Disgusting. Second, can you say health code violation - NYS Health Code 14-1.72 a. I can go on but I've written a book. This guy has soured our taste to this establishment. Sorry Brio's, but I'll say it again...we're not coming again.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank TKDDusty
“Pizza and Dessert”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Friendly place with great Pizza in the small town of Phoenecia. Close to the hotel and we ordered the pizza to go. While we were waiting, we walked around the town.

Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
“A lot of food!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Large selection of different style of foods. The potions were big so be sure to go hungry. We were too full to order dessert but they looked great!

London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic pizza great service well priced”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Really good pizza. I bought the smaller 'personal' size which is still pretty big. The large one is huge! Cooked in a proper wood fired oven. Excellent taste and great service. They have a great selection of cakes for dessert and a separate bar area with sports TV for that all American experience. Easy to park on the Main Street for free.