“Good value; Vegeterian choices”

Brio's Pizzeria & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Phoenicia
Cuisines: American, Italian, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 30, 2013

As a vegan-leaning vegetarian one does not always find vegetarian choices on a menu (outside of large cities like NYC). The veggie burger was delicious, as were the sweet potatoes fries. Very pleasant service.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Three of us shared a large pizza and some wings. Wings were good, nothing special but we all thought the pizza - New York Style - was very good. It was a cool but humid evening and the restaurant felt a bit warm.

The next morning we returned for breakfast and the breakfast tacos I had were very good. Well prepared and a good combination of ingredients. However, one friend ordered the pastrami and eggs over potato pancakes with mustard sauce. This meal seemed poorly prepared - both the pastrami and potato pancakes were overcooked - and also the mustard sauce was overwhelming to him. If the ingredients sound good to you, I'd order the sauce on the side. The other friend got oatmeal and was very happy with it.

Despite the one poor breakfast it is a place I'd visit again to try other items on their menu, and if in the mood for pizza I'd definitely go back.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We had dinner here our first night in town and liked the pixxa so much we went back for lunch the day we left.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Brio's has been serving Pizza in Phoenicia at least since I was a kid visiting the town in the 70s. Most recently we ate there twice while on vacation. Pizza was excellent (even by NYC standards). Brick oven, nice sauce, chewy crust perfectly cooked. I also ordered homemade strawberry rhubarb pie, which was outstanding (skip the fake whipped cream). There is a huge menu of other stuff. We didn't try much else, so I can't vouch for the other menu items. One night a kid's dish of pain pasta was over cooked. The next it was fine. Plain green salad had good lettuce (not iceberg) and homemade vinaigrette dressing. Hamburger was fine, but fries were the curly, over processed kind. Dinner for four came in at $30. Order carefully and this is a great spot for a casual pizza dinner. Service was friendly.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stopped here for lunch while on vacation. The building is right on the main drag in Phoenicia,NY. One side of the building in Italian and the other side is Mexican food. Separate entrances but both have indoor and outdoor seating and waitress service. We ate inside the Italian side I had a small personal size pizza with fresh tomato and mozzarella which was excellent. My wife had a pulled pork sandwich that was also very good. I got the impression that most of the food served there would have been good. The waitress service was fast and pleasant. Only negative, while eating lunch several flies kept on buzzing around our table and food. It was the summertime so I guess they get in when the door opens but it was annoying to have to swat at them several times while trying to eat lunch. Would eat there again.