“Great alternative for breakfast”

Brio's Pizzeria & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Phoenicia
Cuisines: American, Italian, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We went to Phoenicia a couple of weeks ago for breakfast. Albeit, not for Brio's, but Sweet Sue's. Finding Sweet Sue's closed, we decided to try Brio's and were not disappointed. We sat outside on a warm day in the shade and the atmosphere was great. Everything was very good: fresh organic eggs, sausage, pancakes, corn beef hash, coffee. Inside, there rows of wonderfully delicious homemade cakes and pies. Go to Brio's for breakfast!!!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stop here for pizza whenever we are in the Phoenicia area! tasty pizza, wings, sandwiches, etc... I have been coming here since I was a kid with my parents and still come here now with my kids!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We walked into Brio's on a recent Saturday and it was very crowded. After a brief wait indoors we chose to sit outdoors because the place was infested w bugs inside. Probably should have left there and then but we stayed. It took about 15 minutes to get a waitress over. I asked her for menus and water...she replied she we get the water when she had time. Finally took our orders 2 pizzas and a burger. The burger came out after a long wait w no pizza. After several minutes we finally saw our waitress asked her when the rest of the food was coming out her response was I don't know probably a not for a while. Such a poor attitude. We asked for the owner/manager who did not apologize for the delay. He said if you don't want to wait just leave. Which is exactly what we did and will never return. And I will make sure to tell as many people as possible my experience.

1  Thank Lynn2442
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Been going here for years and it is consistently delicious! The pizza is fantastic whether deep dish or thin crust and their salads are fresh!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I went into Brio's this afternoon with my husband, and two daughters. There were 2-3 other tables occupied when we came inside, and by the time we left, almost all of the outdoor tables were occupied. There was a friendly blond woman who sat us, and was very accomidating. We looked over the menus (which were burnt and greasy) - We sat for 5-10 minutes without being served, so the woman who seated us took our drink order. When she was bringing us the water, our waitress came over to take our order.
We got an order of nachos appatizer, and one large pizza for the main course. The waitress wasn't overy friendly at this point, but no big deal.
Pretty quickly, the nachos came out (particially burnt, but otherwise OK). The waitress set them down on the table without saying a word. Ok, whatever - She was making it obvious she was in a bad mood, but at this point, she wasn't out right rude - Yet.
Less than 5 minutes later, we hear something being thrown down behind us - It was our pizza. She literally just threw it down on a pizza tray, and walked away. Never said a word - Beyond rude. She came back, roughly put down the pizza condiments (parm cheese, garlic, etc.) on our table, and walked away. Never looked at us, never said "Your welcome" when we said "Thank you", for everything she had done. We had barely been given time to eat any of our nachos - My husband says to me "At least our pizza will have time to cool down before we can get to it." Another thing, we were there with two young children, eating nachos and pizza - Its pretty customary to give a few extra napkins. I had to flag down a waitress (not our waitress, she was MIA) to get some - Not good customer service.
So anyway, we ate our pizza, drank all of our water, and ever saw her again. We sat there for about 10 minutes after finishing all of our food - No waitress at all. There were plenty of other waitresses buzzing around the small restaurant, but no one even so much looked over at us. I finally asked another server if she could find our waitress for us, and get our check. Never happened. We kept searching around the restaurant for her, and couldn't find her. Finally, she appeared behind the bar, and was just standing there. We tried to get her attention, and when we did that, she decided to start making drinks so she could further egnore us. My husband then got up to ask for the check, and she walked right past him.
We found yet another waitress, and asked her to get our waitress to print up our check. Finally, another 10 minutes later, she came over, printed it up, and threw it down on our table - No joke, threw it down. I said "THANK YOU" in an ever sweet, yet rather loud voice, because at this point, I was done. Not even a word back from her.
We go up to this town once a year or so, and love to walk around, but will never, ever, in a million years, give a place like this our business again.

1  Thank SarahSharp