“Always delicious!”

Brio's Pizzeria & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Phoenicia
Cuisines: American, Italian, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
New York City, New York
“Always delicious!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Been going here for years and it is consistently delicious! The pizza is fantastic whether deep dish or thin crust and their salads are fresh!

Visited July 2013

Jersey Shore
“Good pizza, horrible wait staff.”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I went into Brio's this afternoon with my husband, and two daughters. There were 2-3 other tables occupied when we came inside, and by the time we left, almost all of the outdoor tables were occupied. There was a friendly blond woman who sat us, and was very accomidating. We looked over the menus (which were burnt and greasy) - We sat for 5-10 minutes without being served, so the woman who seated us took our drink order. When she was bringing us the water, our waitress came over to take our order.
We got an order of nachos appatizer, and one large pizza for the main course. The waitress wasn't overy friendly at this point, but no big deal.
Pretty quickly, the nachos came out (particially burnt, but otherwise OK). The waitress set them down on the table without saying a word. Ok, whatever - She was making it obvious she was in a bad mood, but at this point, she wasn't out right rude - Yet.
Less than 5 minutes later, we hear something being thrown down behind us - It was our pizza. She literally just threw it down on a pizza tray, and walked away. Never said a word - Beyond rude. She came back, roughly put down the pizza condiments (parm cheese, garlic, etc.) on our table, and walked away. Never looked at us, never said "Your welcome" when we said "Thank you", for everything she had done. We had barely been given time to eat any of our nachos - My husband says to me "At least our pizza will have time to cool down before we can get to it." Another thing, we were there with two young children, eating nachos and pizza - Its pretty customary to give a few extra napkins. I had to flag down a waitress (not our waitress, she was MIA) to get some - Not good customer service.
So anyway, we ate our pizza, drank all of our water, and ever saw her again. We sat there for about 10 minutes after finishing all of our food - No waitress at all. There were plenty of other waitresses buzzing around the small restaurant, but no one even so much looked over at us. I finally asked another server if she could find our waitress for us, and get our check. Never happened. We kept searching around the restaurant for her, and couldn't find her. Finally, she appeared behind the bar, and was just standing there. We tried to get her attention, and when we did that, she decided to start making drinks so she could further egnore us. My husband then got up to ask for the check, and she walked right past him.
We found yet another waitress, and asked her to get our waitress to print up our check. Finally, another 10 minutes later, she came over, printed it up, and threw it down on our table - No joke, threw it down. I said "THANK YOU" in an ever sweet, yet rather loud voice, because at this point, I was done. Not even a word back from her.
We go up to this town once a year or so, and love to walk around, but will never, ever, in a million years, give a place like this our business again.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank SarahSharp
Long Island
“Terrific Late Lunch”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

After a long day hiking this was the perfect late lunch/early dinner I needed. I had a 1/2 lb hamburger with mozzarella and tomato - delicious. And the fries were excellent; and a good selection of draft beers to boot. The reason I gave it 5 stars is because the waitress was also terrific - big smile and attentive. The people I was with are repeat customers and now I know why.

• Visited July 2013
Hewitt, New Jersey
“Best pizza ever!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Food is awesome...the pizza is the best! Make sure to get the sesame seed crust! This last visit we tried the Italian grilled cheese which was delicious!

Visited June 2013
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Calzones!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is a very popular pizza place in this scenic little town. Great pizza of course, but our favorite was the calzone. Quite large - enoough to share or take some home for later. They have the regular pasta dishes and everything looked appetizing. Outdoor seating is available where you can people watch.

• Visited May 2013