“Terrific Gift Shop on Main Street”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Nest Egg

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Nest Egg
Ranked #3 of 9 things to do in Phoenicia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Terrific Gift Shop on Main Street”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

The Nest Egg describes itself as "an old time country store" and you get that feeling when you walk in. It's not a typical "souvenir" store. Aside from the usual postcards, magnets, etc., they have a large selection of quality moccasins, fashion jewelry (parents with young girls, watch out!), all kinds of Catskill themed kitchen items like tea towels and an assortment of local fudge/jams/candy ready for gifting. There's also a large selection of stuffed animals, especially every size bear imaginable! The T-shirts were good quality and reasonable priced (as far as T-shirts go). All in all, a very pleasurable shopping experience (went there twice!)

Visited May 2013
1 Thank LovesDogs5

Richmond Va
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“If you are in the Catskills you should visit this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We visited the Nest Egg (which looks just like another off the beaten track general store) just because we had intended to visit the Railroad museum and it had been washed out by Sandi. So, since we had some time to kill that we had not anticipated, we went into the Nest Egg.
The whole point of this review is to tell everyone about THEIR FUDGE which they make themselves in numerous flavors. If you are a fudge lover this is the place. I bitterly regret not buying more than we did. Pricey?? Yes, somewhat. But worth every penny. If you buy any, do yourself a favor and eat some of it in the parking lot before you continue your trip. I think it likely that you will go back in and buy some more. Wish we had.........

Visited May 2013
Aurora, Colorado
“Great selection of gifts and "odds and ends"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I spent over an hour exploring this shop. They had so many cool things, I could not decide. I spent way more money that I planned; but it was worth every cent. I got some gifts which will be enjoyed for a long time. The cashier was very pleasant and efficient. The prices were a little high but the quality and selection made my purchases worth it.

Visited June 2013