“Excellent B&B” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of River Edge Mansion Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pennellville
River Edge Mansion Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Pennellville B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed at the River Edge over the Labour Day weekend while attending the Classic Race Weekend in Oswego. This was our second B&B experience and it was terrific. The house has a beautiful settting by the river. There are no bad rooms - just choice between Queen or King beds. Anne and Steve were wonderful hosts. Anne's breakfasts were amazing - we ate more than we ever do for breakfast - you could pretty much skip lunch. Each morning was a great experience having conversations with other guests and family. Overall a wonderful weekend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AandJ_11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Lewiston, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We have been staying at various b&bs throughout New York State over the past few years. You know how you compare them and think, "if we could just combine features from this one with the features from that one, we'd have the perfect b&b"? Well, we think we found that perfect mix at River Edge Mansion. The mansion itself is stunning, both inside and out. The history of the mansion is intriguing enough, but combined with its stately elegance and gorgeous antiques, we felt as if we were back in a different age. We stayed in the Oneida River room, which is very spacious, with deep, tall windows with interior working shutters, beautiful decorative woodwork, large fireplace, wide plank flooring. The room has all the modern conveniences, air conditioning, large flatscreen tv, dvd player. Note, there is no WiFi, but we survived without it! The best part for me was the huge private porch. The remaining rooms are very beautiful as well. Anne was an amazing host and her homemade breakfasts were satisfying and delicious. We so enjoyed meeting and speaking to her other guests as well. The location is really ideal, so close to shopping and restaurants and antique shops. We were close to all conveniences, yet still felt we were in a tranquil environment. We loved our stay, and will return.

Room Tip: Choose the Oneida Room, has the private balcony. Faces the road, which is a bit busy during the day...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kargo52
AnneHutchins, Owner at River Edge Mansion Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thanks for the great review! We loved your visit. I'm sorry you couldn't get WiFi though. We do have WiFi, but for some reason it works in some rooms on some days, but not in all rooms all the time. It might have something to do with the walls in this old house, but there are spots where it is always reliable.
Long Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

The River Edge Mansion is an absolutely georgeous location! The house itself is immaculately kept. The rooms ( we stayed in the Seneca room and the Oswego room ) are beautiful. The Oswego has a really calming light feeling to it. It's bath is a good size, my friend Cate loved the whirlpool tub she couldn't stop talking about it.
The Seneca room has a really envelloping warm quality to it. The bathroom is almost as big as the bedroom and includes the best soaking tub I've seen. It really reminds me of a sensory deprivation tub because it is so deep you don't reach the bottom when you lay back so it feels like you are floating on a cloud. I would highly recommend the Seneca room for a romantic getaway.
The inn has a lovely golden retriever in residence her name is Contessa, Tessa for short.
I would recommend you spend some time in the red room looking at the ceiling and see if you can find anything interesting... then be sure to ask Anne & Steve about the story of the red room's tin ceiling.
The inn offers dinners at the inn which I would VERY HIGHLY recommend. Anne is an amazing cook and both dinners were out of this world.
Their multi course breakfasts are a real treat and more than enough to skip lunch.
I have celiacs and am gluten free ( so is Anne ! ) so having someone who understands dietary needs is a huge plus.
I really could go on and on about how wonderful the River Edge is but I think you would enjoy it much more if you gave them a call and went out to see it yourself. Tell them Amy & Cate say hi.

Room Tip: There isnt a bad room at the River Edge. The Oneida has access to a large balcony that is along th...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Had the most wonderful time at River Edge Mansion with our charming hosts Anne, Steve, and Cindy! The rooms are all gorgeous and tastefully decorated-- we stayed in the Oneida Room, which includes easy access to a 2nd floor balcony where we had tea and homemade blueberry muffins (made by Anne! delicious.) in the morning-- just perfect. The food is superb, really above average (both Anne and Cindy are wonderful cooks). The accommodations are so comfortable, and the setting is beautiful! The Mansion sits on the edge of the Erie Canal, and you can walk down and sit in the gazebo by the dock-- so quiet and still. The house is huge, so the room felt very private and spacious, even though there were other guests staying in the Mansion that night. There are lots of little wonderful places to retreat-- 2 porches, a beautiful sitting room-- made me feel like I was a character on Downton Abbey!
I was on a family vacation with my parents, and we arrived in the afternoon-- Anne and Steve instantly made us feel at home and treated us more like family than just guests. They happened to be having a clambake that evening and invited us to join them! The clams were delicious, and while we ate Steve regaled us with some wonderful stories of his past; he always has a twinkle in his eye and sure knows how to deliver a punch line.
Everything about this place is wonderful-- they even have an incredibly friendly golden retriever. All in all, we couldn't have picked a better place to spend a relaxing weekend. We will most definitely return, as we already miss our new friends Anne, Steve, and Cindy. And we can't wait to escape for another weekend in their beautiful mansion!

Room Tip: Oneida Room has easy access to balcony!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lenoir, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed at the Mansion in early July and had a great time. Anne, Cindy and Steve are the best hosts ever!! Sitting on the dock in the afternoon was a treat as was the wonderful food they served. We took a dinner cruise (Steve is a licensed captain) to a small town about an hour from the Mansion and were treated to a great meal aboard fresh from the grill. Steve and I tried to match stories but he's a better story teller I think. We stayed in the Seneca room and all I can say is "WOW"! I think the bathroom was bigger than my bedroom at home! And breakfast.....I kept thinking we were done when Anne would bring out the next course. Even their dog is very cool!! I hope we get the chance to stay with them again one day. Steve and I still have more stories to tell.....

Room Tip: We liked the rooms with a view of the river
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, Delaware, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

This place is a dream! We stayed here only for one night (wish it could've been longer) on our way to Massachusetts from Niagara Falls. We met Anne and Steve, and immediately felt welcomed and at home! After helping us upstairs, he showed us around the house and to our room - the Oneida River Suite. It is even more beautiful than the pictures, but we didn't have much time to relax because we were also set up to take the River boat dinner cruise! A MUST!!! Wow oh WOW! The weather and river and the whole environment was just amazing! We boarded the boat and enjoyed refreshments and music and conversation while smelling the wonderful meal that Anne was making for us. I learned how fantastic of a cook she was that night and it would be reiterated the next morning for breakfast. If you get a chance, let Steve and Anne take you on the river boat dinner cruise - you will not regret it! When we returned, my husband and I enjoyed the deck out by the room and fell in love with everything! The bed was comfortable, the house was quiet, it was a perfect place for a peaceful rest. The next morning we had a pre-breakfast treat waiting outside our door - coffee and some kind of tasty cake - what a surprise! Steve was a great conversationalist and did not make us feel uncomfortable, but more like family! One minor problem I had, but I totally got over it - I wish there was a handheld shower head for the shower... it is a small shower and a handheld would have been very helpful, but no biggie. We will most definitely be back to this gem! Absolutely enchanting!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nikki M
AnneHutchins, Owner at River Edge Mansion Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Thanks for your really nice review and comment about the Oneida River room shower. We installed a handheld shower and it works beautifully. Great idea!
Toronto, Ont., Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

I celebrated my birthday with my fiance and was very impressed with this B&B, Anne and Steve are wonderful hosts. They went out of their way to make our stay very memorable. When we arrived, there were yellow roses in our room that Anne had selected for me. Steve recommended a fine restaurant and he arranged to have them pick us up in a limosene. The decor was first class with beautiful antiques and a very comfy bed. We came down to shop and Anne was so kind as to give us a discount Macy's coupon (which was a short distance from the house) and which we put to good use. Our breakfast was scrumptous and her two friendly dogs made us feel welcome. We would highly recommend this relaxing B&.
Sandra and Russ

Room Tip: Our room was a corner room in dark green with a king size bed. Very spacious and bright.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WarsawConnection
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pennellville
Comfort Suites Cicero - Syracuse North
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Syracuse North - Airport Area
The Red Mill Inn
The Red Mill Inn
#1 of 2 in Baldwinsville

Been to River Edge Mansion Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!