“What they do, they do well”
Review of Lloyd's Limited

Lloyd's Limited
Ranked #15 of 43 Restaurants in Penn Yan
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Columbus, Ohio
“What they do, they do well”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

In town on a Sunday evening and this was one of the few places open. Pretty standard bar menu, but the food was excellent. We both had ribs and house prepared sides. Everything was tasty and done just right.

Visited September 2012

North Wales, Pennsylvania
“Nice Tavern”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Very casual - friendly atmosphere - a nice down home type of tavern for a quick bite to eat. Relaxed and reasonable.

palo alto, CA
“Great neighborhood pub”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

There's no question this is a spot locals frequent, even on a Monday night in August. Seat yourself. Get up and order your drinks at the bar (and deliver them to your table yourself.) Order your dinner at the bar (don't worry, it will be delivered to your table.) Great beer on tap; local wines by the glass or bottle. Basic pub food, but hit the spot.

Pahoa, Hawaii
“Adorable Bar in Penn Yan”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Our family is in the middle of a HUGE move and we are currently renting a cabin from our friends in Penn Yan. We have been here for over a month and have been so busy packing and shipping that we haven't been able to go out to any of the local restaurants until yesterday when my brother and sister-in-law came to see us. We drove around the town and noticed the cute little bar/restaurant as it has a couple tables outside which face the main street. When we arrived, it was only 4pm so we were the only customers and at first I thought we would eat outside but when we walked in, it was so nice that we decided to eat inside. There are tons of beer signs and mirrors, dimmed setting but party lights here and there; we loved the look. The bartender/waitress asked if this was our first time there and we said yes and she then explained that we seat ourselves and them come up to order with her; I think she said it was an English pub style. The menu has alot to offer for fun food and we decided on wings, potato skins and a pizza and a couple pitchers of beer. The food came promptly and it was AWESOME! The potato skins were the best I have ever had. The pizza was delicious and the wings were very good. We had a great time here. I read the previous review in regards to Lloyd's and I'm sure if we were there at night, I could imagine it could get rowdy but I think it would be a fun place for night life. We only have a little over a week in Penn Yan left before our move but we are definitely coming back before we leave.

• Visited August 2012
Barrie
“Poor food, no service, yelling yokels on the patio”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Lloyds was recommended(!) to us by the staff at the local Best Western in Penn Yan. We were excited to be starting our anniversary trip in the Finger Lakes and wanted to explore a bit of the town.
We walked to Lloyds, and just as we got to the front door there was a drunk man on the patio yelling at another man walking down the street because he hadn't 'paid his rent'. Obsenities ensued. We nervously smiled and entered the bar.
We waited for a couple of minutes at the front door, not sure whether to seat ourselves or wait to be seated. A waitress saw us and said nothing, even though we tried to indicate that we weren't sure what to do. Eventually we sat. And waited. And waited. My husband noticed after awhile that there was a sign saying to give your orders to the bar, so he got up and ordered us drinks. You also have to wait for them and bring them back to the table yourself.
The waitress was kind enough to bring us menus, but (you guessed it), you have to order food from the bar yourself, so I got up and headed back over. There was a bit of a lineup at the bar so I didn't get to ask any questions about the menu that I might have asked a waiter or waitress.
Eventually our order came out and we picked it up. I think the waitress came by and gave us ketchup and mustard, but that was about it. What is the point of employing waitresses here at all? Why not just have a serve-yourself bar of condiments on the way back from picking up your food from the bar? ;o)
My chicken ceasar salad was pretty gross, but my husband seemed to enjoy his pulled pork. The rootbeer was especially foamy and good, so that was positive.
We did not enjoy our visit, but I really can't recommend anywhere else to eat- from what I could see of the town, this was just about the only sit-down restaurant, near the hotel, if you don't count the pizzaria across the street.