All reviews bagels window seat hard boiled eggs continental breakfast room was clean finger lakes tub shower small room egg sandwich within walking distance wedding weekend good nights sleep front desk staff the breakfast area would stay again indoor pool upon check
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Was not given wedding package rate. Billed almost
$200 for a hotel worth about $100-$125 per night. Room was tiny. Breakast was cold at best. The manager refused to make it right. I don't usually give ratings but in this case, I feel I have to.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
Bonnie M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites Penn Yan Finger Lakes Region, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I'm so sorry we were unable to give you the wedding rate, due to you booking though a third party. When we spoke I tried to explain that I had no control over your rate as you were prepaid through a third party site. We are surely sorry this misunderstanding took place. Have a great day.

Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

I recently had just stayed at this facility Thursday the 6th and Friday the 7th for my niece's wedding. The location was great for what we needed, breakfast was okay but you had to get there early in order to get some food that you may have wanted, But the rooms are another story. Our room had a lot of issues including dirty sheets, Anon scrubbed the toilet, non bathroom floor, and when we arrived we only had three hand towels in our room that four people were staying in, the hook on the back of the bathroom door was broken, the light underneath the Mirror by the television was broken and the most upsetting was the ironing board with broken. There were four of us getting ready for a wedding we all had nice clothes that we were wearing that have few wrinkles in there that needed to be Iron before the ceremony. We open the ironing board with no problem but trying to close it with a whole nother story. We could not close it at all and then I end up putting the ironing board in the hallway with the broken piece that supposed to close it. For majority of the location it was clean but I don't know if we just got a bad room.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family

I'm so sorry to see you had an issue during your stay with us. Our housekeeping staff is being retrained on the standards of cleanliness we uphold here. This is not our daily standards and is being addressed. We hope this does not keep you from giving us another try in your future visits to our area. Have a great day.

Reviewed September 9, 2018

The Microtel in Penn Yan is a great property and once you park your car, Penn Yan is a great place to walk around the area. Restaurants, shops, grocery stores and pharmacies are only a few steps away.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel here in Penn Yan, N.Y. All of us here at the Microtel could not be more pleased then to see a review with five stars. It is nice to see all of our hard work was recognized. We surely hope all your future visits to the Finger Lakes bring you back to us here at the Microtel. We hope you have an amazing day.

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

We were very impressed by this new(ish) chain. The hotel is in a great location right in the town center, with ample free parking. Our room was spacious, clean and well equipped. Breakfast was a simple affair, but perfectly edible. We thought this hotel was great value and would gladly stay there again.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay here with us. We are also happy to see you will be back for another stay with us in your future travels to the Finger Lakes area. We all hope you have an amazing day.

Reviewed September 6, 2018

My wife and I having been travelling to the Finger Lakes for over 10 years now and have been constantly looking for a good hotel that's centrally located between the four main lakes. That's why when I saw a great deal on the Microtel in Penn Yan, I jumped at it. The hotel is modern (only 3 years old) and has an indoor pool for only $55 a night plus tax. It met all our needs, clean, basic breakfast, comfortable beds, quiet rooms and a large shower. Only drawbacks, the rooms were rather small and didn't have a dresser, but nothing that stops me from giving the hotel a high rating. Other perks were plenty of restaurants and shops within walking distance. We'll definitely be back there again next year.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel here in Penn Yan, N.Y. I could not be happier then to see a five star review. We all work very hard to make each and every guest satisfied. Your next visit maybe you can try one of our larger rooms for a small price difference. We are glad to see your future visits to the Finger Lakes will be bringing you back to us here at the Microtel. Have an amazing day.