“Great experience and wines!”
Review of Fox Run Vineyards

Fox Run Vineyards
Ranked #1 of 30 things to do in Penn Yan
More attraction details
Owner description: Situated high on Torrey Ridge overlooking one of the deepest parts of Seneca Lake is Fox Run - with fifty-five acres of vineyards producing a remarkable range of fine wines. Behind the winery a vast expanse of vinifera vineyards produce award-winning Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Noir and Cabernet Franc. Plantings of Lemberger, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Gewurztraminer position Fox Run's future on the cutting edge of the Finger Lakes' wine industry. We welcome you to join us in the tasting room, open year round from 10-6 Monday through Saturday and 11-6 on Sundays. (Closed New Years Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.) And don't forget to mark your calendars for the Annual Glorious Garlic Festival, the first full weekend of August every year!
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This was the first winery of our "wine tasting day", and what a great place to start! The staff was very friendly, took time to talk with you and didn't try to rush you out like some others we visited. Their wines were also our favorite of the day - we should have bought more! Will definitely be back!

Reviewed August 11, 2012

The Garlic Festival at this vineyard was very fun...tasted actual peices of garlic...put it on your list for next year! Tasting area was crowded so we gave up on that...

1  Thank sazolt66
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We really didn't care for the first two of the five wines we sampled — they were, frankly, pretty close to tasteless.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

loved the wines and could not believe how inexpensive they were. they have a unique restaurant and a very informed and friendly staff

Reviewed July 26, 2012

There are so many wineries in the Finger Lakes, I'm sure many of them are good, but we had a great time at Fox Run. We took the tour (it's summer, so the grapes weren't ripe or being processed, so the tour wasn't that exciting but very informative), and then we had lunch in the cafe. The cheese pairings they create are AMAZING. They offered two different cheese boards so my boyfriend got one & I got the other. Four wines paired with four cheeses on a board with thinly sliced salami, prosciutto, some hummus, fresh grapes, sliced bread, and raw almonds. I was in heaven. I even bought a few bottles so I could serve them at home paired with the cheeses and sound like I know what I'm talking about! We had a great time.