Long story short.......stayed here for a wedding in the Finger Lakes and overall it's a solid choice if you're looking for modern/clean accommodation without breaking the bank.
WORST CHECK-IN EXPERIENCE EVER! After spending six hours in the emergency room after someone at our BBQ fell down some stairs we arrived at the hotel at 2am extremely exhausted. As we walked in the door to the deserted lobby the young man at the front desk picked up an incoming call. We then waited (some of us falling asleep) 20 minutes while he painstakingly slowly helped someone with a very complicated reservation. Why someone is calling a hotel as 2am to make a reservation for weeks down the road is beyond me. Why the man ignored us for 20 minutes at 2am while I stood in front of him is inexcusable. After hanging up there was no apology whatsoever. He could have easily told the woman on the phone that he'd call her back in five minutes.
ON THE BRIGHT SIDE.....I felt the hotel offered very good value. I paid about $144 per night for a king suite. This is a very expensive area with lots of old dumps, very expensive resorts and granny-decor B+Bs. Believe me I researched accommodation for weeks. This BW was originally sold out but luckily a room opened up a few days before our trip.
The hotel has a modern and comfortable feel. Evertying seems to be in good shape. I can't stand hotels with 70's/80's decor (ie wood paneling, shag carpet etc) so this hotel was a good find. It's in a good/easy to find location right on the main drag in Penn Yan and the Dunkin Doughnuts across the street came in handy.
One minor complaint - the lobby was stifling. It was in the high 80's/low 90's and the lobby felt like a sauna. It would not have been comfortable having breakfast there or spending any length of time in the lobby day or night. I saw air vents so I don't know if the a/c was broken or if the lobby isn't air conditioned or if they were just saving on their power bill. Ironicly the hallway on the second floor was ice cold. So, on the night we checked in (at 2am thanks to Mr. Ignore) we went from the Sahara lobby to the Arctic hall only to open the door to our room which was about 90 degrees!
FUNNY - we came back to the room after a long/hot hike at Watkins Glen with a pizza and six-pack. When we realized that the bottles were not twist-off we called the front desk to ask for a bottle opener since we didn't have one and there was none in the room. My sister comes back from the front desk with a huge set of someone's personal keys which had a small bottle opener on it. I got a kick out of that and was grateful that we could delve into our well-deserved brews.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The proud winner of the Design Excellence Award and a consistent recipient of top honors for cleanliness. The Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites is a charming Finger Lakes hotel located in the awe-inspiring and romantic Finger Lakes Wine Region of New York State. Enjoy the convenience of being within walking distance to historic downtown Penn Yan and Keuka Lake. Just a short drive from unique restaurants (Esperanza Mansion), museums (Corning Museum of Glass) and attractions (Windmill Farm & Craft Market). With 57 beautifully-appointed guest rooms you are able to select from a myriad stylish room types: Standard Double Queen, Deluxe King, Grand King Suites, Presidential Suites, King Suite, Deluxe King Suite. Modern conveniences include microwave, refrigerator, cable TV, coffee maker, iron & ironing board and complimentary high-speed Internet access. The Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn and Suites is Finger Lakes lodging at its finest. The Vineyard Inn and Suites is here to make your stay in Penn Yan as comfortable and convenient as possible. Convenience begins with their complimentary breakfast inspired by local Finger Lakes cuisine. It continues with their Finger Lakes on-site concierge who can help you experience all that the Finger Lakes Region has to offer. Once you return, enjoy their state-of-the-art fitness center, indoor heated pool and hot tub, and free high-speed Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Best Western, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn And Suites
- Best Western Plus Vineyard Hotel Penn Yan
- Best Western Penn Yan
- Penn Yan Best Western
- Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites Penn Yan, Finger Lakes, NY