“Nice changes at a chain hotel in western NY state”

Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Penn Yan
Southbury, Connecticut
“Nice changes at a chain hotel in western NY state”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I had an opportunity to stay in the new wing of this hotel in the Finger Lakes region. The room was very quiet, tastefully decorated, and had some nice touches: lots of towels in the bathroom, regular refills of shower gel and shampoo, a holder for the TV remote control, and a lovely light coverlet/blanket for the bed instead of the usual heavy bedspread. The breakfast buffet was average but I noticed plastic wrap over the muffins: a good sanitary approach. All in all, the hotel is doing a great job of hosting visitors. I've been her many times over the years and it only keeps on getting better.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side of the building are quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank adrianer
Jamie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and being one of our valuable loyal guest. My staff and I certainly appreciate your comments and will be shared for training purposes. If you come back and stay with us after the New Year, our breakfast section & presentation will be completely remodeled and redesigned to better service all our guest. Thank you again for you comments and staying with us at the Best Western Vineyard Inn & Suites.

Caleb S.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Wife and I did a 2 nite stay. We reserved a king bed on the 2nd floor. At check in there were no king room left, I guess someone forgot to save a room for us. So we stay in a dobble queen. The person at the desk said she would leave a note and to check with mang. in tne AM. I cant recall her name but she was very nice and I comlement her. Also hot tub was not working. In the AM. I spoke with the Director of Operation Mr Caleb Scorsone and explained the problem from last nite, and there was note left.This man made a wrong A VERY BIG RIGHT. First a discount was applyed to the room for that nite. Then move us to a King Suite for the same price that our reservation were for and had the staff move luggage and bag to the new room. Mr. Scorsone went out of his way to make thing right. Hotel staff were very frendly & show concerned. I would like to thank the staff & Mr Scorsone for a very satisfying stay Ps. Caleb I will be back

Room Tip: Stay in a King suite
2 Thank Travleingmanf
Jamie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. My staff and I take to heart all the comment our guest post. Our goal here at the Best Western Vineyard Inn and Suites is to provide superior customer service. I would like to thank you personally for letting my staff know of your situation and allowing us to make things right. We understand things can do wrong, but we also take pride and ownership to make things right. I look forward to hosting you again in the near future. Please contact the hotel directly next time, ask for me and I will personall take care of your stay and make sure your time with us is exceptional. Thank you once again!

Nutley, New Jersey
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My boyfriend and I spent a Fall weekend at the Best Western Penn Yann for a quick getaway to visit the wineries/fall foliage etc. This is my 2nd time staying here and I very much enjoyed our stay. We had a King suite which was very spacious with comfy beds. My only gripe was that the bathroom is extremely small the door almost hits the toilet seat! For a room that size they probably should have enlarged the bathroom a bit.
The Best Western is conveniently located between Keuka and Seneca lake so there are many wineries to visit and only a half hour from Watkins Glen which offers a great State Park to go hiking and see the various falls!
I am in the travel industry and am very particular with hotels so I have to give this one a THUMBS UP and plan on visiting this property again in the near future! :)

1 Thank Deirdreanne
Thank for choosing Best Western Vineyard Inn & Suites for your stay. It was our pleasure having you here with us. We always love having others in the travel industry coming into the Finger Lakes region to visit with us. Your comments are most welcome and appreciated. I will personally look into the door situation for the bathrooms. Thank you for the THUMBS UP.

Niagara Falls, Ontario
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I spent the weekend enjoying the fall colours and visiting some lovely wineries in the area. This hotel was perfect. Nicely located, friendly staff, clean and comfortable with a satisfying breakfast. Not sure what else you could ask for really.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jamie S, Manager at Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your kind words from your recent stay. We take great pride in our level of superior customer care and we are very glad to know that you felt your stay was exactly that. We do hope that you will return to stay with us again. -Jamie S., Hotel Supervisot-
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Stopped to see the folliage and visit wine country. Hotel was nice , presidents suite was clean and large. The staff was very helpful and concerned about my using a cane. They offered to change my room for one with walk in shower. No problem!
If chance occurs will stay again.

Staying 10/21&22/12
John gyenes

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We are glad to see that we were able to meet your needs during your recent stay and that you experienced excellent care from all of our staff. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we do hope that you will come back to join us again. -Jamie S., Hotel Superv isor-
Upstate, NY
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Staff was friendly, welcoming and well trained. The room, the bathroom, the linens etc all were perfect. The breakfast area needs a better arrangement, although the food was good and plentiful the tables were to few.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay. We are very glad to know that it was an enjoyable time for you. We are currently working with our Design Team to come up with a new layout for the breakfast area that we hope to have completed this season. We do appreciate your thoughts on this and hope that you may join us again in the future to better serve you.
-Jamie S. Hotel Supervisor-
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My family celebrated a birthday celebration/ winery weekend here and was very pleased with the experience. What we were most impressed by was that the staff was super helpful and met all our requests cheerfully. The lobby was invited for chatting at night and the rooms were very nice with super- comfy beds. The breakfast was delicious every morning and included cold and hot items. Everyone loved the homemade bakery items from a local vendor.

Penn Yan is a quaint town with all the charm of earlier times. This Best Western fit right in with the town and was a lovely centerpeice to our stay. It was the perfect location to tour the beautiful wineries on Lake Keuka.

Everyone said they hope we can return again in the future.

Room Tip: No problems with noise with any of the rooms we had.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jamie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for your very kind words. We take pride in being able to provide superior customer care and are very glad to see that your experience was held to this standard as well. We do hope that you will return to stay with our property again. -Jamie S., Hotel Supervisor-
Also consider these accommodations in or near Penn Yan
Best Western Plus The Hammondsport Hotel
Hampton Inn Seneca Falls
Hampton Inn Seneca Falls
#1 of 4 in Seneca Falls

Been to Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!