“Excellent Accomodations!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Penn Yan
Manchester, Connecticut
“Excellent Accomodations!”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My whole experience in the fingers lakes was great and staying at this Best Western made it that much better. I just wanted to thank Ruth of food service for her helpful suggestions and friendly demeanor . The locally made zhucchini bread and granola was a nice touch.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.Cant hear street noise at all.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Walton, New York
Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with my Mom for 2 nights in August; stayed in room 306 which is facing the front parking lot. There was minimal road noise. The room was clean, spacious and provided great toiletries. I was so glad there was a small sewing kit as I needed to use it minutes before leaving for a dinner cruise. We felt that the hotel was in a great central location for touring Keuka Lake and didn't have a far commute to Senaca Lake. I thought the breakfast was just OK. I would've liked more fruit and perhaps fresh hot breakfast staples like the scrambled eggs or bacon, or pre-pared breakfast sandwiches that get nuked. On Wed am, there was a lot of people trying to make breakfast but with all of the appliances being used at the same time, the circuit popped 2-3 times that I was trying to toast a bagel!

Pool, hot tub and fitness center were AWESOME! Wish we couldve used them more!

Definitely would go back in the future.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jamie S, Manager at Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you for your response about your recent stay with our property. I do apologize about the inconvenience that occurred regarding the breakfast area. We are currently in the process of re-structuring our entire breakfast and lobby area. We always value guest feedback because it helps up to better understand what you are looking for during your stay. All of our items do come delivered fresh every day from the local mennonites right up the road from the hotel. We are always branching out trying new ideas with our food variety and will take this as useful feedback for this project. We hope that you will join us again in the future when this project is completed! -Jamie S., Hotel Supervisor-
Belchertown, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My family and I spent three nights there in August. The staff was very nice and helpful. They gave us the name of a nearby restaurant for dinner and we were happy with their choice. The property was clean and well kept. The breakfast area was very clean and the hostess could not have been more friendly. The location was also good to visit area wineries and lakes. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words. The hostess' name whom you mentioned is Ruth and she is a wonderful asset to our team. She really enjoys having the opportunity to greet guests and share in their experience here as well! We will be sure to let her know you were pleased with her service. We hope that you will come back and join us again! -Jamie S., Hotel Supervisor-
Naples, FL
Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Very clean and the hallways were just painted. The rooms were spacious and very clean.
My major complaint was the noise on the front side of the building. Late in the afternoon they were spray painting the parking lot and the sprayer was very loud. Also, there was a lot of noise from traffic, since the building is situated on a corner of one of the few major intersections in Penn Yan. I tried to change rooms, but the only thing available were other rooms on the same side of the building.
I told the front desk clerk I was going to be very upset if I was awakened early from traffic the next morning. The front desk clerk tried to assure me that "it was a small town and things would be quiet". Well, my worst fears were confirmed the next morning when I was awakened about 7AM with trucks "engine braking", very loudly to stop at the light.

I would recommend anyone staying there to try to get a room on the back side of the building. Though there aren't many sights since that side overlooks backyards and the street, after talking to a few other guests, they told me it was very quiet.

Our other issue was the bathroom was very small, having to move out of the way of the toilet and sink to close the door. They should have originally designed it with a bigger bathroom and cut down on the room left for a full length sofa. Also, because of spacing the king size bed was very close to the A/C unit and I was very cold sleeping next to it all night. It was a very hot 95 degrees the week we were there.
I told the desk clerk of my problems (to no avail) and even wrote "Unhappy" on my bill when I checked out. I wrote the same review on Best Western's site and got an email back that the Manager would get back to me. That was over a week ago, and I haven't heard anything back yet.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank malibutj
Thank you for your honest answers regarding your stay at our property. I do apologize that your stay was less than perfect. Your concerns are a perfect opportunity to help explain the layout of the hotel for future guests so that this may not happen again. The majority of our hotel is split pretty evenly with Standard King Rooms being on the front of the building overlooking the road and our Standard Double Queen Rooms overlooking the backside of the hotel. We do have various Suites that are sparatically located throughout the hotel offering both frontside and backside locations. We always encourage guests to contact the hotel directly for better insight as to what would best fit their needs during their stay. We do our best to accommodate every guest's needs and am sorry that in this case it wasn't explained clearly to you. We have taken this as an opportunity to make sure that in the future our training includes ensuring guests are aware of this at time of reservation. We do hope that in the future you would consider staying with us again to ensure that we best serve you. -Jamie S., Hotel Supervisor-
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for a wedding at Esperanza Mansion in late July. The rooms were very clean and the bridal suite was a great place to get ready for the wedding. I left my camera in the room and the staff contacted me a day after I checked out to see about returning it. I was so thankful that they contacted me, as I thought I had lost it.

GREAT hotel for a winery tour weekend. We hope to be back soon!

Room Tip: 213 was a good room - 2nd floor and close to the elecator
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Jamie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. We always enjoy seeing the groups that come through and sharing in their bridal experience. I can often find the staff asking to see the brides as they leave and complimenting on how beautiful everyone looks. Sharing in experiences like this makes them appreciate the hard work that gets put into the process to make sure guests enjoy their time here. Your room was the Deluxe King Suite which is part of our additional rooms that were added on last year. These rooms are perfect for bridal parties as well as large families and travelers that enjoy the larger space to relax. We hope all went well with the wedding and would love to see you back in the future! -Jamie S., Hotel Supervisor-
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Our room was very spacious with two queen beds. This little resort town is very welcoming and friendly to visitors. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful with recommendations for places to eat. There is ample free parking, an indoor pool, and laundry facilities. My only reason for giving this a 4 star rating and not 5 is that continental breakfast has a shortage of seating, and when busy they can't keep up with having enough coffee and milk on hand. Also, the floors are light - and by light I mean not sturdy. You could hear people walking down the hall and walking in their rooms above you.

My sister was across the hall in a king room. Her room was very spacious as well and instead of 2 beds she had a sitting area with a sofa and chair. Both rooms had typical hotel refrigerators.

Room Tip: Choose the top floor so you dont feel like people are stomping around over you when you are trying t...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank pipermama
Thank you for your recent response. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay as well and felt welcomed by our staff. To respond about your concern related to the breakfast area, we understand your frustration in this. When we added onto the hotel last year, we had a difficult time re-organizing the breakfast area due to limited space in the lobby. The addition of the outside seating area was to help with this issue. We are currently working very diligently with Best Western Design Team to help implement a more organized and spacious breakfast area inside as well to hopefully address concerns guests have with seating and small space. Part of this restructuring will also include purchasing an automated machine for coffee and possibly juice dispensers for ease of use. We do appreciate your honesty about this though. We do hope that you'll return to give us another chance to show you that your thoughts as well as others have not gone unnoticed. -Jamie S., Hotel Supervisor-
cleveland
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This hotel is in town so don't expect a scenic view but the hotel was nice and clean well kept inside and out.Yes looking out window you are looking somewhat in the neighborhood back yards. Breakfast consist of different bagels muffins and breads everything was wrapped.You can walk couple blocks and hit the local restaurants or grab a pizza. Staff was very nice to guests. Close to the finger lakes wine trails. From what I saw this was the nicest place around the area

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Jamie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Your response hit on every topic that makes our property the perfect option for those seeking a night away or a quick weekend-end retreat. We do have some amazing restaurants all within walking distance and our Main Street shopping area has some very nice local shopping places for those seeking out that perfect souvenir. We take great pride in making sure we represent that "brand new" look for every guest that comes through our doors. I'm very glad that you enjoyed your experience with our property and appreciate the kind words. Please join us again in the future! -Jamie S., Hotel Supervisor-
Also consider these accommodations in or near Penn Yan
Best Western Plus The Hammondsport Hotel
Hampton Inn Seneca Falls
Hampton Inn Seneca Falls
#1 of 4 in Seneca Falls

Been to Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!