“Good casual dining experience”
Review of Timmy G's

Timmy G's
Ranked #4 of 43 Restaurants in Penn Yan
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This is a new restaurant and is on small lane off Main St in downtown Penn Yan, NY
Arkport
“Good casual dining experience”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My husband and I dined here recently on a Friday night. The food and service were both very good. I enjoyed the home made broccoli cheese quiche. I highly recommend the cannoli for dessert. It was delicious. They have several draft beers and liquors to choose from. It was a very good experience. I would definitely dine here again when in the area.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Kelli P

Penn Yan, New York
“super”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

this is one of my favorite restrauants. i go there all the time. took my family visiting from california four times. it was wonderful each time. the waitresses brandi and jolene are the best. they go out of the way to make you comfortable. the owner tim gray always greats the people. will keep going there.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank ginger706
Corning, New York
“I went to Timmy G's again expecting great food again. I was greatly disappointed.”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I've been to this restaurant many times. All my previous experiences have been great. This time it was quite the opposite. My salad had pieces of slimy, translucent lettuce in it. The tomatoes were slushy. I also had a burger. The burger itself was good but the produce was bad. It was not rotten like the pieces of lettuce in my salad, but definitely wilted - with slushy tomatoes again. I hope this isn't a case of waning enthusiasm on the part of the owner as sometimes happens. It's hard to see how serving this kind of produce could be a mistake.

Visited May 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Great Value”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stumbled across Timmy G's as we were driving around Penn Yan on our first night in the town. We noticed lots of people going into the restaurant, and on a quiet, cold Friday night we thought this was a good sign. As soon as we walked in the door we were greeted by such a friendly, happy hostess we knew we had to stay. It is obviously a local neighbourhood favourite as everyone seemed to know each other. We had the clam chowder which was very good and sandwiches/salads. The food was hot, well cooked and flavourful. For a total of $30, which included a glass of beer, glass of wine and tip, we thought our first meal in Penn Yan was a bargain. I will visit Timmy G's the next time we visit Lake Keuka.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank barb4sixty
Chicago
“Good food and service”
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

A great upgrade from the old Red Rooster. Friendly service and a nice wine and beer selection. Excellent crab cakes and a delicious pork chop special.