“Lovely place”

Timmy G's
Ranked #4 of 45 Restaurants in Penn Yan
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This is a new restaurant and is on small lane off Main St in downtown Penn Yan, NY
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This place was recommended by the motel owner and he hit the nail on the head. Service was great and the food was even better. I will definitely revisit if I am in the Penn Yan area again.

1  Thank FunnOne

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I went there two nights in a row. I got the pork sliders which were really good. Nice, casual restaurant. Take one star off for not being offered dessert or drinks after dinner.

1  Thank Eoanna M
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Another couple and I stayed at the Fox Inn B&B (see my review), which is quite literally 30 yards from Timmy G's. We first walked to the Liberty Restaurant but observed some rough characters cursing and acting up outside of the restaurant; we turned around and went to Timmy G's. Wow, were we glad we did! The food was delicious, from the lasagna to the eggplant Parmesan, the chicken Parmesan to the tortellini alfredo. We had appetizers come with our meals: smoked tomato soup, a giant Ceasar salad, and bacon, cheddar, and turkey soup, all of which were amazing. The waitress managed some garlic toast with sauce for us and it wasn't even on the menu. We also got two sides of their pulled pork (smoked by them daily) in their own sauce. Excellent! Meal prices were mostly $10-$15. I HIGHLY recommend this place.

2  Thank DoctorRansom
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Our dinner at Timmy G's on a Saturday night was great! Our server came to our table right away and was very friendly. I really enjoy sitting at a circular table when we have a party of 6 or more, which we did. The specials are written on a white board in the dining area so everyone can see them from their table. I really liked that the bar had specialty cocktails of the evening and all at a very reasonable price. My dinner (pulled pork sliders with homemade coleslaw and chips) was excellent, in fact the best dinner I've had out in a while. My daughter enjoyed her dinner and we liked that they offered fruit cocktail as a side option, she also got a free children's dessert with the completion of her dinner. Overall the menu options are diverse for a small town restaurant and the food is great. I will be going back here more often now.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

When I called to have lunch ready for a certian time there was absolutly not a problem, the service was great over the phone and when I cam eand go the food. The BBQ chicken wrap was great it had fresh veggies in it the BBQ sauce was great, but what really impressed me was that the chicken was really grilled (unlike many other places say that their chicken is grilled , but really is boiled) I tasted the grilled chicken and loved it. I will be going back there to try different items. Thank you for such a great service,a nd great food Timmy G's.