“good food”

Dining options: Reservations
Penn Yan, New York
“good food”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

went for lunch with my friend. it was good food. would like to try dinner sometims which i haven't done yet. looks like a bar from outside but dining is in the back seperate from the bar.

Visited October 2012

Southampton, Pennsylvania
“Can't go wrong here”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This place was recommended by someone we met along the way to Penn Yan, was within walking distance of where we stayed and we decided to check it out -- we were glad we did. As said in some other reviews, the front of it is a bar but it's not scary or anything, just a bar. You can walk though there, or go around back into the dining room entrance.

The dining room was bright with nice tables and booths. The service was good, we were quickly greeted and seated. We each had a draft beer, 20 oz. I think and only $2 and $3 each. I had the chicken marsala special, which was tasty, very tender and good sized. Included a decent salad, too. My wife had some fish special, I can't recall what it was but she liked it a lot too.

Definitely a place to try when you're in the area.

Visited December 2012
Penn Yan, NY
“great food!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

While you would not go to this restaurant for the ambience, the food is always good, especially their nightly specials! I have never had a bad experience and always amazed at what menu ideas they come up with! My recent favorites are pumpkin ravioli and a salmon, scallops with asiago cheese & spinach sauce and, of course, one can never forget the bang bang shrimp!!! give it a try and I hope you are as pleased as we have been!!!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank tam753
Penn Yan, New York
“First rate little Penn Yan restaurant.”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The Liberty is a hidden treasure in Penn Yan. Rather off the main drag, but well known by the locals. Varied menu, well prepared, delicious. My husband loves liver and onions - not something he gets at home - and he raved about the entree. The Friday night fish fry is always delicious and a great price, as is everything else on the menu. The owners are always working hard - husband cleans and sets tables, wife serves and both are friendly and charming. An added treat - you always run into someone you know if you live in PY or the local area. Give it a try! You won't be disappointed.

• Visited November 2012
New York City, New York
“My favorite local restaurant”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

They have a standard men, but I always enjoy the specials which change daily. The service is fast and very friendly. It look like at a bar from the front, but do not be deceived, there is a restaurant in the back. My favorite item on the menu is the bistri salad. Support them, we need to keep this wonderful place going in Penn Yann.

• Visited October 2012