“romantic base for wine tasting in the finger lakes”

La Belle Vie Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 12 Penn Yan B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Just here to add more raves to the already stellar reviews for this Penn Yan B&B. I've stayed at 10+ B&Bs throughout NY, New England and Quebec, and this is one of my favorites. We stayed over Halloween weekend. I felt spoiled, and didn't want to leave! The house is a lovely Italianate Victorian in the village, easy to find and convenient to walk to restaurants. I loved the ornate woodwork and stunning wallpapers throughout, and the period furnishings. We stayed in the Ridley room, which is spacious and has its own large balcony - would be wonderful in warmer weather. The bed was very comfortable, and we appreciated the thoughful touches such as a wine fridge and TV/DVD/CD player. The house maintains a sense of history while being very comfortable at the same time. Hosts Laurel and Llewellyn are ready to make dining suggestions and prepared delicious and beautifully plated breakfasts. Yes, the lemon ricotta pancakes were outstanding! This is a special place and I hope to be back soon.

Reviewed October 17, 2011

I have never stayed in a B&B before, so this was my first time and I was SO pleased with it. The house was absolutely beautiful, but the hosts were even more magnificent. Laurel and Llewellyn made you fell like family, Except that my family(myself included) never makes that perfect breakfast that Laurel does, nor serves it as professionally as Lew.We were also fortunate to meet the other guests who were lovely and engaging as well.Spectacular place----can't wait to go back!
Theresa C.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2011

We spent one night in La Belle Vie, and wished we could have stayed longer! The beautiful Victorian accomodations and the gracious hosts provided us with a memorable stay. Lewellyn and Laurel are two very wonderful people who greeted us warmly and offered us great suggestions about the surrounding area, and even were so considerate as to help us make phone calls to local wineries to help with our touring! We stayed in the Woodland Room, which was immaculately decorated/furnished, and made for a very restorative nights sleep. In the morning, Laurel and Lewellyn prepared a delicious breakfast of lemon-ricotta pancakes (to die for), spinach and egg scramble with New York Cheddar, bacon, fresh-baked scones, and fruit with a homemade raspberry sauce...Incredible! What is more, we enjoyed getting to know Laurel and Lewellyn and hearing about their stories as we shared our own. It was a wonderful experience, and we look forward to coming back!

Reviewed October 10, 2011

My wife and I spent 2 nights in early October, using this delightful B&B as a base to explore the wine country around Keuka Lake & Lake Seneca. Our hosts were charming and very informative (it helped, methinks, that they're transplanted NewYorkers like us) and each breakfast was marvelous. You can't do better than La Belle Vie....
Hank Bartolf

1  Thank Hank B
Reviewed October 3, 2011

My boyfriend and I have now stayed at La Belle Vie twice now. Penn Yan is a perfect central location to get the most out of a weekend trip to the Finger Lakes! A half hour drive or less can get you to more than enough wineries to fill your weekend, plus beautiful Watkins Glen State Park, charming historic towns, and breathtaking lake views.

Laurel and Lewellyn have created a perfect atmosphere to come back to relax after a long day of sightseeing and wine tasting. Beautiful antique collection, pristine rooms, and clean, newly renovated bathrooms. We will definitely be returning for a 3rd time!!!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed September 25, 2011

La Belle Vie is a beautiful B&B on the Keuka Lake wine trail in Penn Yan, NY. We had a wonderful time there-- the breakfast is amazing, the house is gorgeous, and the hosts, Laurel and Llewelyn are warm and welcoming. We really enjoyed their company.

I am just repeating what everyone else has already said in these rave reviews, but here are some of the highlights for me:
- The house is a charming Italianate Victorian that has been carefully renovated and decorated with antiques and period pieces. It is bursting with character.
- The rooms have new mattresses that are super comfortable.
- The bathrooms have been renovated with modern amenities, such as on-demand hot water.
- Free wi-fi
- Wine fridge in each room, stocked with chilled water
- Breakfast! I loved the food. My favorite was the lemon ricotta pancakes. They also put out freshly baked cookies and brownies at night.
- The owners are incredibly nice and very helpful. They give great recommendations for activities and dining in the area.
- Located on Keuka Lake, about a 30-40 minute drive to Watkins Glen and Seneca Lake.

This place is truly a gem. We will be back!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Every B&B should take lessons from Laurel and Llewellyn! They were the most gracious hosts and made you feel right at home! The delicious breakfasts gave you a little surprise to look forward to each morning, truly professionally prepared and served! They have truly gone above and beyond. I would highly recommend La Belle Vie to anyone going to the Finger Lakes. In fact, you should go out of your way to stay here! The house itself was also amazing! The beds were comfortable, the bathrooms modern and spacious, the decor so charming! My husband and I had such a wonderful experience and will definitely be back!!! What a great way to spend our 2nd anniversary!

Room Tip: Mackintosh was a great room, however next time I really would like the room with the balcony :)