“Would definitely stay again!”

Courtyard Rochester East/Penfield
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Penfield
Reviewed September 24, 2010

We only spent 1 night at this property but quite enjoyed it. We were able to check in early and that was greatly appreciated.
The first thing that we noticed when we walked in was how clean everything was. The whole hotel is very bright and welcoming. Our room was immaculate. There was not one complaint about our room at all. We found the bed to be very comfortable and the wireless was very nice. Good selection of channels as well.
Since we had been travelling for the last 12 days we decided to have a light dinner at the bistro in the hotel. We were very pleasantly surprised in the quality of the food. It was very good for the dollar value. Breakfast was included in our room rate and we were again surprised to find that it was a full breakfast, bacon, eggs, hash browns, toast and a beverage as opposed to a small buffet that is the norm at other hotels.
A special thank you goes out to Kamika, Donna, Tom, Shyan and Brionna ..... you guys are the best. My husband and I totally enjoyed meeting and talking with you. You all do your job amazingly well and it's so nice to see smiles on all of your faces.
Mr. Shutt, you have a great team there. Congratulaions.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beloro

Reviewed August 25, 2010

Everything was up to standard, But you would expect it because it was not an inexpensive pace to stay. That being said we were happy with this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2010

I booked this hotel for my visiting family because of a recommendation and good reviews. I agree.
If you don't need to be close to downtown Rochester and have a car, this is probably one of the better hotels in the area. Although the location is slightly hidden (it's up a hill behind a car dealership, i missed it the first time I drove by), that's the only problem we encountered.
The rooms are very spacious, clean with very comfortable beds (my family says it was the best night's sleep they had in a while), the pool area was inviting and the staff was extremely knowledgeable, friendly and welcoming. Very modern, cozy lobby with a big screen showing the weather forecast and other info.
There aren't many restaurants in the immediate vicinity (a short drive) but there is a bistro in the hotel, which is convenient for a quick bite.
A great experience and I would definitely have my family stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2010

The hotel was small but beautiful. The rooms were stunning and very clean. The service was great. Everyone we spoke with was wonderful and very accommodating. Unfortunately, the hotel was pretty far from downtown Rochester so if you'd interested in going into the city make sure you have a car. One major complaint was the sleep quality. The air conditioner was loud, which I was prepared for and brought earplugs but they didn't completely block the sound, but worse was that the beds were rock-hard. I literally woke up at least once an hour to try and get comfortable, but still I barely slept and ended up exhausted the entire next day from not being able to sleep. If you like firm beds then it shouldn't be a problem for you, but I need a softer bed to sleep on so for me it was the biggest drawback.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2010

Re-imagined Courtyard, decent internet speeds supporting work activities. Slightly noisy heater when it turns on.

I spent 70+ nights in various Marriott properties last year

Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2010

This hotel was great, we stayed here because one of the guys wanted the marriott points. I'd grown use to staying in a nice hotel so I wasn't disappointed the only complaint from the people I went on the trip was it was hard to find when you first tried, because it's on a small road behind a car lot, not the usual nice hotel place... Staff was very helpful, they even let me check in several hours early. fast internet connection, and great business center. The pool and hottub were a little small but very refreshing after coming in from the cold...

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 4, 2010

While the hotel's location is a bit out of the way, the hotel itself was an excellent place to stay for two nights. There was free wireless and wired internet, many cable channels including HBO, etc. We had a King bed, with a pull-out couch in the room. All of the furniture seemed new. The bathrooms were small but very clean; however, the water in the shower took a good 5-7 minutes to get hot (it was 10 degrees Fahrenheit outside, however). The heating was a bit noisy, but one could control the temperature very easily. Overall, an excellent stay!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Penfield
Hampton Inn Rochester Penfield
Hyatt Regency Rochester
Hyatt Regency Rochester
#23 of 29 in Rochester
Staybridge Suites Rochester University

Been to Courtyard Rochester East/Penfield? Share your experiences!