“Clean & Great Staff”

Courtyard Rochester East/Penfield
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Penfield
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Clean, large room. Exactly what you expect from a Courtyard Marriott. No real frills, bathroom could use an update, some minor mildew in the shower.

However, the staff was great! They were so friendly and helpful. We had checked out when I realized I had left some jewelry in the room. They were quickly able to bring my jewelry to the front desk for safe keeping.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Rochester East/Penfield

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Housekeeping service was great- clean room. The wall insulation is horrible, prepare yourself for not being able to sleep as long as you stay there, you will be able to hear literally every whisper across the wall even if you have bad hearing you will be surprise how much you will be able to hear- sneezing, coughing..etc, it is like life 24/7 radio without switch button.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
jhshu157, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester East/Penfield, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your experiences on your recent visit. We were glad to hear that you were pleased with the housekeeping services. I apologize if you did not get a good nights sleep from the noise from the adjoining room. I assume you were staying in a room with a connecting door which traditionally allows more noise to infiltrate into the room. We are currently investigating some products that go between the doors to cut down on neighboring noises. Hopefully this would alleviate the problem in the future and allow you to get a better nights sleep..

Reviewed May 1, 2014

This is our favorite place to stay when visiting family in Rochester. The rooms are immaculate, staff could not be friendlier or more accommodating, and the cafe in the lobby is quite good. The lobby area has ample seating and is quite comfortable. This is a great hotel if you visit this area of Rochester and is highly recommended.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SHM1776
Reviewed April 24, 2014

My husband and I decided to unplug and unwind by staying a night to enjoy the hot tub and pool. Our room was on the 5th floor and very quiet. Everything was in great condition and immaculate in the room. We found the staff to be the greatest asset of all in every area: front desk, housekeeping, and Bistro servers. It is obvious the employees truly care about your stay and go the extra mile to make it enjoyable for you. We were impressed by the fresh towels draped on the back of every chair by the pool early Sunday morning. The facilities were all spiffed up ready for the day. Try the Bistro menu for breakfast- the egg white, turkey & spinach on an English muffin is dynamite!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
jshutt, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester East/Penfield, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

We are glad you enjoyed your "getaway" stay with us. We are vey proud of the team we have developed at Courtyard Rochester Penfield and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

First of all the staff was very friendly, helpful and professional. My room was great Very clean and very comfortable bed which is a must for me! And even though the bistro had limited choices, the ones that were there was quite tasty. This all made my business trip much more smoother.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I just returned from a three night stay at the Courtyard Marriott / Rochester East - Penfield. My daughter will be attending college in Rochester in the Fall, and we chose the past weekend to come across country for an official visit for her and an opportunity for me to check out the city/area.

Staff was great. I want to thank Katie for all her help in making sure a local car rental agency didn't forget about me. A couple days later, she was working at the front counter again when I needed further assistance. She remembered who I was, in helping me find a ride the airport later in the day. The room was clean with absolutely no problems. One day I was in a rush to leave and forgot I had left the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. When I came back late that evening, I found a goody bag hanging from my door with anything I might have needed since my room was left untouched. The bag had all the items I might need for an extra night (towels, soap, coffee, etc...). Unfortunately, I have done this before and have never had a bag of items left for me.

I did hang out at the bar/bistro one night. It was nice they had some local craft beer, better than the usual stale standards. WiFi worked well in the rooms, even better in the lobby. Computers in the lobby area were nice to check in for flights.

Since we'll be coming back often to visit our daughter in college (and this college is close by), I'm sure we'll be back for regular visits.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Eric M
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed at this hotel as a large group for a hockey tourney. The hotel is nicely renovated with very good dining choices but the quality of the staff really makes this place. They were kind and generous at all times with our 20+ kids, never complaining once about any of our requests. Such uniformly excellent service speaks volumes about the management and its philosophy in running the hotel. A great hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
jshutt, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester East/Penfield, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

We appreciate how well behaved your group was and look forward to hosting your team in the future.

Jeff Shutt

Also consider these accommodations in or near Penfield
Hampton Inn Rochester Penfield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford
Staybridge Suites Rochester University
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Victor

Been to Courtyard Rochester East/Penfield? Share your experiences!