Courtyard Rochester East/Penfield
$224
Renaissance Hotels
$97
Country Inn
Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue(Brighton)(Great Value!)
$88
$101
Fairfield Inn
$98
Hampton.com
All reviewscourtyard marriotttypical courtyardfront deskbistro staffbusiness tripan excellent place to staysmall refrigeratorpull out couchwedding partynice hotela king size bedspacious roomstayed here for nightsexercise roomdefinitely stay here againone night staypour house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Dirty and tired after a second week of cleaning out my parents' house for sale, I stumbled into the Courtyard Marriott for one blessed night before continuing on my journey home...

Christina at the front desk guided me in by phone after Googlemaps failed to connect. There was a cheery fire in the fireplace and people still eating in the cafe at 9:30. Even though they don't officially offer room service, I think Christina sensed my need and offered to have my selection brought up to the room.

Upon entering the room the smell of clean sheets greeted me and helped ease my stress. A few minutes later the salad arrived and I ate gratefully while watching The Year in Review hosted by Katie Cutie. What a year. My weariness seemed insigficant. I slept well and made it home safely the next day.

Thank you so much, everyone in Penfield. The happiest of holidays to you all.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank beav
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Excellent location for Penfield, East Rochester, nearby good restaurants, coffee shops, grocery store. Staff very helpful and friendly. My only complaint was the bed was hard and the room cold, but they promptly checked the computer controlling the heat and I didn't notice it again. Clean rooms. Anytime I asked for anything at the cafe, they were very accomodating; I got a mug, milk or creamers and tea (not in the room).
I forgot my bathing suit, but I did not like the location of the pool - you have to walk through the lobby. So I might of skipped it.

Room Tip: Maybe stay upstairs, the first floor might be on concrete and I found it cold.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2011

We have stayed here twice in recent weeks while traveling to Rochester to look after an ill family member. Arriving both times very late at night, we were greeted by friendly and accommodating General Manager one night and a wonderful front desk professional on our second stay. We had stayed here several times years ago while visiting family for holidays, but had not been back in a long time. The renovations are incredible, rooms impeccably clean. They have a great quality and convenient selection of bistro meals and Starbucks in the comfortable and nicely appointed lobby. The only drawback for us is location. While it is steps from the expressway, it is a little off the main drag for the eastside suburbs, restaurants, hospitals and shops. Overall, the most beautifully renovated and best service of all the newly redone Courtyards. Coming back here has been like finding an old friend.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We conducted a series of confidential interviews here and had a great experience. The staff really catered to us. And the rooms were clean and bright. Nice place!

Room Tip: Stay on the side above the pool. It's a nice balmy temperature.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Stylish, updated, very clean hotel with good service. Small, almost like a boutique hotel, with no restaurant (except for a Starbucks and small cafe in lobby) but there are plenty of places to eat out in the area. A short drive to the Finger Lakes. Recommended.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the room right next to the elevator which is also near the ice machine. It didn't bother me but one night the ice machine woke up my husband.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo