“A Different Kind of Burger”

Lindburgers Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 48 Restaurants in Penfield
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Penfield, New York
“A Different Kind of Burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Which to choose? With 50 different burgers on the menu, the choice isn't easy. Do you stay with your favorite, or do you try something new? Service is pleasant and efficient. A great alternative to fast food!

• Visited January 2014

Rochester, New York
1,921 restaurant reviews
“These people are SERIOUS about burgers!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Although I had driven past this restaurant every day for the past 23 years, I had never stopped in for a meal; at least not until yesterday. What I learned right up front is that the folks at Lindburgers take their burger-meister role very seriously. The first thing you'll notice when you open the menu is that they offer a choice of 50 different varieties of hamburgers. (No, that is not a typo...FIFTY different hamburgers. If you don't believe it, I took a photo of the menu!) Of course, they have the standard hamburger, cheeseburger, and double cheeseburger. But the offering soon start getting unique and exotic, such as the Benedict Burger (with Canadian bacon, hard-boiled egg, and Hollandaise sauce), the Alaskan Burger (with crab and cheese), the Cordon Bleu Burger (with ham and cheese), and the Far East Burger (with Teriyaki and herbed cheese). There is something for everyone here.

Anyway, since I am not a hamburger person, and I was in the mood for a hot dog, I turned to the back page of the menu and found a list of different kinds of locally-produced hot dogs, complete with an array of different toppings. I selected the chili dog, which came out as a HUGE portion, mounded with enough chili and cheese to make a meal of its own. (I did not finish it all.) Even the cole slaw (which I substituted for the French Fries) came in a massive bowl - enough for two hungry people!

By the way, I overheard the diners at the next table asking for mayonnaise and mustard. The waitress offered them at least 2-3 different varieties and flavors of each!

I gave this place a '4' instead of a '5' just because it is still, really, and hamburger joint. However, I would have been just as comfortable giving it a '5' as well. Yes, it is more expensive than your average fast food drive-through. But the experience, portions, and excellent service make it worthwhile to me. I love this place and would gladly return.

• Visited January 2014
South Windsor
“Decent food and great service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We have been there a few times for dinner. The service has always been great. The food is good, not great. There are a lot of choices of toppings for the burgers. The fries are good. I've had dessert once there and it was very good. This last time I had the Italian burger. I would have it again.

• Visited July 2013
Rochester, New York
“could have been better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

We have been there many times. This time the food was not as good. Service was not good either. Waitress was not very attentive and my salad was terrible.

• Visited February 2013
Rochester, NY
“The best burgers around.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

The burgers are huge and delicious. You can really sink your teeth in them. Many toppings to choose from in any combination you can imagine.

Visited January 2013