“Good Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We have been going here since they opened. Consistently good, but on the higher price end. The place can get crowded and warm , not a problem , except the red bottle of wine we have ordered several times was way above proper serving temperature. Downstairs is the nicer dining area, we don't like upstairs. I love the risotto specials especially with seafood.

There are newer reviews for Joey's Pasta House

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We have been here a couple of times. This past Sunday I had just gotten back from FL my oldest daughter said let's go yo Joeys. The one thing you cannot get if FL is really good Italian. Coming home to Joeys told me I was back in Rochester. My wife had egg plan I had the veal parm both were some of the best we have had in recent including Rochester. The service was good friendly and efficient. I highly recommend Joeys for great food,service although the resturant is a little noisy but that is part of the vibe. We will return many times this season count on it. PS They need a bigger bar

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Joey's is probably the friendliest restaurant we've been to, and it's friendly in an honest and sincere way. The food is top notch Italian, always with an inventive combination of flavors. The greens and beans are the best ever.....spicy and garlicky.

It is sometimes noisy, but people are having a good time and it shows. The service is generally above average, although there have been a couple of times where we waited for our drinks.

Over all, it's a very special and enjoyable night out.

Joey M, Owner at Joey's Pasta House, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you very much for the feedback and nice compliments. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place is great. As soon as you walk in, you can feel the friendly vibe and smell the fabulous aromas. From host to server, the staff here treats you like they've known you for years - friendly and personal. Food and atmosphere are more contemporary upscale than family-oriented. The lively bar is a prominent part of the main floor. Prices reflect the quality of the food as well as the artful preparation. I've dined here 3 times and have had stellar experiences each time. My only disappointment has been with the lighting on the second floor. The overhead area lights cast an unpleasant muddy light over the room, with no table lighting to define more intimate spaces. Pendants over each table would fix it. Wait at the bar for a main floor table.

Thank you very much for your feedback and suggestions and for the nice compliments. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Our overall experience was good. We were seated right away and watered with drinks on the way pretty quick. Our app (calamari) came out pretty fast, then we waited and waited for dinners. This was my first time there, so I ordered the Veal Parmesan as did the other gentleman, this is my standard by which I usually judge Italian Restaurants. Both parms were overdone and if this was my restaurant I would not have sent them out. They could have been much better. The wives had salads and were pleased with their dinners. We were seated upstairs...very noisy! The staff was attentive. Bottom line, it was a long noisy okay dinner. I would try again for the food, but not for a quiet evening with friends.

Thank you very much for your feedback on Joey's Pasta House. We hope you stop in again soon! If you would like more of a quieter evening, I would say come dine with us during the week instead of the weekend. Thank you for your business. We look forward to seeing you again soon!