“Nice Bright and New Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peekskill - Hudson Valley
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Peekskill
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice Bright and New Hotel”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

This is a brand new hotel in a great location. The staff was very helpful and upgraded us to a jacuzzi suite that was clean, bright, and very spacious. The area is very quiet and the hotel is right across the street from a small park on the Hudson. The best part of our stay was the brand new breakfast bar that included a wide variety of foods ranging from cereal to eggs and a pancake maker.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ItsMeAshley
Monika W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peekskill - Hudson Valley, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
We're glad you had a pleasant first time experience at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Peekskill, NY. We thank you for sharing your experience and the great comments regarding the daily breakfast. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you the next time you are in the Peekskill area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Joplin, Missouri
Reviewed July 28, 2014

This hotel has only been open a few months. It is located in a rather industrial looking area, and we had some doubts as we drove up. But we found it to be wonderful despite the location. The rooms were quiet, and we could see the Hudson River from our room. There is a nice park across the street, and I would encourage you to walk there and enjoy the views of the river. The staff was excellent and were able to answer all of our questions. We used the laundry at this hotel, and everything worked very well. This is an easy hotel to find, and it is an enjoyable place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank grandma80401
We appreciate you filling out our review on TripAdvisor! the staff is greatly invested in their property, looking to provide the best in comfort and cleanliness. Thank you for noticing their efforts, we hope to see you again in the near future!
Florida
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Last week I stayed at the brand new Holiday Inn Express in Peekskill, New York. The staff is very nice and every is new. There's an indoor pool (I did not use), nice business center (I used to print out my boarding passes), and a extra large fitness center. The breakfast was good, but the best part is how close it was to the Metro-North train station. I was able to walk from the hotel pulling my luggage to the train (a very pleasant mile) and head straight into the city ($11.00 and 45min). It was nice being able to enjoy the craziness of New York City and then a short bit later be in quite hotel on the Hudson river (and MUCH cheaper then a hotel in the city). The city just start building a new boardwalk from in front of the hotel straight to the train station which will make the walk even shorter and nicer. I chose to walk, but their were more than enough cabs if I wanted. I highly recommend this place - nice, new, quiet, yet easy to connect to everything.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front all over-look the Hudson River and pier/park.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Anthony U
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express & Suites for you recent stay in Peekskill,NY. We are pleased to hear you found the staff to be friendly and the hotel in a great location and short train ride to NYC. We are so glad you loved your stay and hope to see you again soon! In hospitality,
Charleston
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I love new hotels! This one was clean, nice indoor pool space, pretty nice view, and spacious rooms! We had a great stay and I found the staff friendly! I would definitely return again, and would recommend it to family and friends!

1 Thank Kafurfar
Thank you kindly for your glowing recommendation of our hotel. We truly value your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to tell others about your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back soon
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed July 13, 2014

This looks like a brand new hotel. I think it has some growing pains. We stayed here on our way to drop our son off at a camp at West Point. We were looking for a quiet place to stay for our family of four (we have two 12 yr olds). It was quiet, but we paid almost $200 per night. I expected a little better than what we got.

We did not do the breakfast at the hotel because the pancake machine was broken. This was a big disappointment for us. We went to the Westchester Diner instead, which was awesome. From 2 PM when we checked in until 9 PM when we went to bed, the rack of clean towels and sheets was sitting outside of our room. We used this to our advantage and took some extra towels but this seemed a little unprofessional. The room seemed clean and the bathroom was definitely clean, but we found used cups behind the night stand and under the bed that were not ours. Last complaint was about the TV. We hiked Bear Mt and were exhausted. We had a great dinner at the Peekskill Brewery and then came home to relax. We were going to rent a pay-per-view movie. The channels listed in the hotel literature are not the channels offered to guests. Additionally, you can get to the pay-per-view menu, but, when I called down to the front desk, I was told that pay per view was not an option available to guest. The desk attendant did not give me any other options to entertain my children.

On the plus side, the beds were comfortable and we had a very quiet night. That may be because there were very few people at the hotel. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was nice.

Again, this was an okay hotel. I gave it a lower rating because, for $200/night, I expected a better quality of hotel. I think this hotel would be a bargain at $120/night and okay at $150/night.

6 Thank bettykid
Thank you from the team at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Peekskill, NY for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. I am sorry that you felt that our price was to high. We are surrounded by many wedding venues and Hudson Valley area is a great area for a weeding's. We trying to keep our prices comparable to other area hotels. I hope you can come back and see what Hudson Valley has to offer. Great hiking trails, biking, kayaking and we cannot forget about West Point Academy that is only 10min from our hotel.
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Brand new and shiny clean, quiet location across the street from a park on the Hudson River. Gorgeous views of the river from the park. No restaurants within walking distance, but several nice ones in downtown Peekskill a mile away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river.
1 Thank David R
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I have shared your comments with our staff and they were very thankful. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We visited Bear Mountain last Monday and checked in at this Hotel. The Hotel is Brand new and staffs are outstanding. They greeted to every guest. I booked 2 rooms for my family. Ms.Monika was at front desk welcome us with smile and gave us connecting room i.e 507 and 509. My first impression was very good and my wife astonished to see the cleanses of the rooms and its amenities like mini, that microwave. Being IHG reward club member they gave us free high speed wifi with a download speed of 38.19Mbps and upload of 13.92Mbps. The manager of the hotel call us after an hour and ask is everything is ok ?. Swimming pool is small and but very clean. The hotel provides free breakfast (6am to 9.30am). We really enjoyed our and we'll recommend to all of my friends. Special thank you To Ms. Monika . We will definitely be staying here in the future.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Dolrig
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I've shared your kind words with our entire staff and they are delighted to know you enjoyed your visit. Your feedback is truly valued. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Peekskill, NY. Please contact us for your next reservation!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peekskill
Inn on the Hudson
Hampton Inn Harriman Woodbury
Hampton Inn Harriman Woodbury
#1 of 2 in Central Valley
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peekskill - Hudson Valley? Share your experiences!