“Nice Hotel and Wonderful Staff”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peekskill - Hudson Valley
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Peekskill
New York City, New York
“Nice Hotel and Wonderful Staff”
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We visited Bear Mountain last Monday and checked in at this Hotel. The Hotel is Brand new and staffs are outstanding. They greeted to every guest. I booked 2 rooms for my family. Ms.Monika was at front desk welcome us with smile and gave us connecting room i.e 507 and 509. My first impression was very good and my wife astonished to see the cleanses of the rooms and its amenities like mini, that microwave. Being IHG reward club member they gave us free high speed wifi with a download speed of 38.19Mbps and upload of 13.92Mbps. The manager of the hotel call us after an hour and ask is everything is ok ?. Swimming pool is small and but very clean. The hotel provides free breakfast (6am to 9.30am). We really enjoyed our and we'll recommend to all of my friends. Special thank you To Ms. Monika . We will definitely be staying here in the future.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Dolrig
Monika W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peekskill - Hudson Valley, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I've shared your kind words with our entire staff and they are delighted to know you enjoyed your visit. Your feedback is truly valued. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Peekskill, NY. Please contact us for your next reservation!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for two nights. Our king-bed room was nicely furnished, and the bathroom was particularly cool. When we arrived, we found that the safe in the room was locked, and called to ask for it to be opened. A member of the hotel staff responded immediately and corrected the problem. The free wi-fi in the room worked well. Breakfast was fine, especially for the price -- free. Everyone on this hotel's staff was courteous and seemed eager to ensure that our stay was pleasant. We would certainly stay there again when in the vicinity.

Room Tip: Our third floor room faced the river and was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank George W
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post such wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are so glad you decided to give our hotel a try and found the amenities and the customer service were more than you expected. Thank you for staying with us and you look forward to seeing you when...
Clarksburg, West Virginia
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed here during a recent business trip in May from 05/11-05/17. The facility appears to be a newer facility (open less than a year). I received prompt and courteous service upon check in. My room my in excellent condition and very clean. Large flatscreen tv, dorm fridge and microwave were in my room as well. The hotel is in a commercial area so there was some noise from outside early in the morning from trucks but not horrible. Breakfast offered in the mornings was standard hotel continental fare but tasty and quick. Room service during the week did a fine job keeping the room clean. Overall I was very happy with my stay and if the the area would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank kd4yrp
cwelizabethtaylor, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peekskill - Hudson Valley, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Peekskill during your recent business trip. You are exactly correct in that we just recently opened this hotel, so we are especially excited that your experience was positive. Realizing that overnight travel can be exhausting, our goal is to make you feel at home and provide you with the exceptional service that you deserve as our guest. We hope you will choose to stay with us again when traveling to the area, as we would love to meet you personally and thank you for your business. In the meantime, please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next visit even more positive.
Long Island New York
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Our party of 9 stayed at this hotel for 1 night because we all had a funeral to attend the following morning. This review is for the hotel only, but I will add information about the problems we had with booking at the end.

We had 3 rooms total. 2 had a king bed plus a roll away and 1 had 2 queen beds. All of the beds were comfortable and the bedding was clean and felt new. The rooms themselves were very clean, as were the bathrooms. There was water pressure and plenty of hot water. They have an indoor pool that looked nice, but none of us used it. They also offer free breakfast. I did not have breakfast there; however, everyone else in our party did and said it was good. Check in was quick and check out is automatic, with a review of bill sheet under the door, which requires no check out unless there is a problem.

The location of the hotel, in Peekskill, NY, is not in a touristy spot, but if you have to stay close to the area, it is a nice place, with comfortable, clean rooms and a nice pool, with free hot breakfast and free parking.

When I originally booked, I booked 2 rooms. I called back a little while later to add the 3rd room. I made sure there were 3 rooms booked and confirmed. Another member of our party (not 1 of the 9) said she had been told check in had to be by 6:00. I did not know that, so after the wake, I called from a restaurant to say we would be late. I tried repeatedly to call the 914 number, but repeatedly got voice mail. I called the toll free number and was routed to a call center outside of the US. The woman explained to me that I only had 2 rooms booked and that when I added the 3rd, they deleted the 2nd. I argued with her for quite a while, making a very difficult time even more difficult, before she said she would contact them herself and then have a 3 way call to try and fix it. After 14 minutes on hold, I hung up. Next I called the 914 number over and over, until a human answered. I explained what had happened and he told me that my reservation was held with my credit card, but that I had only 2 rooms because they had canceled the 2nd when the 3rd was booked. After arguing with him, he said he could book me another room, but I would need the credit card again, which was inside the restaurant, where my untouched meal was cold. After almost an hour, I finally had the 3rd room booked, which should never have been canceled. At no point did anyone apologize for what had happened, or even say they had caused a problem. I'm not sure if either the person who took my reservation or the call center person had not finished training or been properly trained, but either should have been able to quickly fix the problem they caused by just booking the extra room, which was available. Very unprofessional.

I did not take off stars from my review because of this, but if you book a room at this hotel, make sure you read the confirmations carefully and make sure you call before you get there to be sure no staff member accidentally canceled your room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank LongIslandMom3
First let me offer our sincerest condolences for your loss. Traveling, in itself, can be stressful, but it is definitely doubled when coming together on such an occasion. Your comments are extremely valued, and we cannot thank you enough for sharing them with us. We are pleased that you found our accommodations to be positive, but certainly regret the issues you experienced with your reservation. I can assure you we are addressing with our entire staff to ensure it does not reoccur. In the meantime, please accept our sincere apologies. We will also follow-up with you directly, as this is not how we treat our guests. Thank you again for staying with us and taking the time to share your feedback.
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Our family had booked a room and drove nearly 20hrs to get there and had to wait over an hour to check in and then wait another 2hrs for a clean room. This is poorly run and unorganized. We also booked our rooms there because of the pool for our children and the pool was closed for no obvious reason so that was a major inconvenience as well. When you pay $250 a night the service and accomendations should be up to par. I was lucky I did not collapse waited for check in and waiting for a clean room till 5pm. On a positive note the rooms were very nice and comfortable

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank MamaPapa777
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Peekskill. Most of all, thank you for all of your feedback, as your satisfaction is our top priority. It is obvious we failed terribly at check-in and absolutely understand the disappointment and inconvenience of having the pool closed. While there is no excuse for our mistakes, please accept our sincerest apologies. The property is brand new and just opened; and unfortunately, we have experienced our share of growing pains in spite of the fact everything should be flawless. We would definitely like to address and apologize to you personally, thus, will follow-up directly. Again, our sincerest apologies and appreciation for sharing your experience.
Livingston, New Jersey
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We booked 2 bedroom suite through hotels.com but upon arrival, we were told there were no such rooms at the hotel. The hotel website describes the rooms as 2 bed suites - misleading and incorrect at the same time. The "suites" are actually slightly longer than regular hotel room that has half wall between the area where there are beds and the area where there is a sofa. Hotels.com incorrectly lists them as 2 bedroom suites, and the hotel chain refused to help declaring they are not responsible for mistakes made by hotels.com. Our problem did not end there. The hotel was very new and was not 100% ready to receive guests. Front desk staff did not know how to use the system to check us in. Pool was not open. Ice machines were not yet operational. In addition, our toilet was clogged by morning and there was no maintenance personnel on site to address it. The noise level in the room was very high all night, which made it tough to get a good night sleep. I complained to the hotel staff and the hotel chain, but all we received were apologies and no discount or voucher to make up for our horrendous stay, which we paid $286 for one night.

Room Tip: note this hotel does not have real "suites"
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
9 Thank terryumma
Thank you so very much for your valued comments regarding your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Peekskill. While we are terribly disappointed that your experience was not positive, we appreciate the time you took to make us aware of the situation. We are in the process of contacting Hotels.com to ensure all of our information is correct on their site and have internally addressed the service issues you shared. We would like the chance to speak with you personally about your visit so will also follow-up directly. In the meantime, please accept our sincerest apologies. Our guests are our top priority, and we would be forever grateful for the opportunity to show you just how much your business means to us.
Northern Virginia
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Although in an out-of-the-way location in Peekskill, this brand new Holiday Inn Express was really quite wonderful. Everything is fresh and clean -- to be expected in a new place -- but on top of it the staff is pleasant, skilled, and evidently caring. Nice breakfast, too, although typical for the HI Express and this price point. They did have a pancake machine, although I didn't indulge.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Hudson are nice and sunny -- in the morning too, for better or worse.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank ex-staffer
We are so excited that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Peekskill. Your comments are so appreciated, and we will always strive to exceed your expectations. We just opened in the last few months and hope to become your hotel of choice whenever traveling to the area. If there is anything we can do in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to contact us directly. We would like to make your next stay even better! Thank you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peekskill
Inn on the Hudson
Hampton Inn Harriman Woodbury
#1 of 2 in Central Valley
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peekskill - Hudson Valley? Share your experiences!