“bon appétit” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Romantic
Yorktown Heights, New York
“bon appétit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

Scrumptiously gorgeous food. Yet simply prepared. First time with my daughter and we loved it. Not your everyday restaurant but well worth the cost.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Kathleen Y

Middletown, New York
“Comfortable Place, Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2010

Make reservations would be my first piece of advise. This place is a little off the beaten track which is part of its charm. Inside is roomy, there is space between the tables so you are not sitting on top of each other. The decor is simple but tasteful with a touch of wimsy. The wait staff is first class. They see to your every want and need and are unobtrusive in their actions. Gentlemen thank you. The menu is brief but with enough choices to satisfy everyone. I chose the Duck which was moist and flavorful. It came with a slice of potato pie, broccoli dish and an apple tart without the crust. A salad was included with the dinner. My dining companions had the steak and the chicken and both were very happy with their meals. Would I go back Yea

1 Thank catwoman27
West Point, NY
“Best I've Ever Had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

Bar none, this has been my best dining experience. Perhaps I haven't been to enough nice restaurants, which may be true, but even so, I had no complaints about Zephs' (except that they will not typically serve parties large than 2-4 people it seems!!)

The food was great, very tasty, original menu, always changing. I loved the food, BYOB is a great option with the corking fee (they have plenty of wine choices anyway). Parking is limited but didn't have any problem finding a space. Finding the restaurant was confusing, however. The staff was polite. Its very romantic if a little outdated in the decor department.

Just as a background, I have been to several mid to upper end NYC restaurants that cost twice as much to dine, and none of them have come even close to this place. You will not be disappointed.

Oh, reservations are required.

4 Thank madeucegunner
New York City, New York
“Very Nice Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2009

We were invited by another couple who have gone there several times and love it. For those of you considering going here, a few tips: Seating is VERY limited. I believe there may be only 2 or 3 seating times available (when it is open) so you need to call well in advance for reservations. The dining room is very small so be prepared to dine with about 30 other people. I also suggest booking the earliest available time. We booked for later in the evening and since the menu is very limited, by the time we ordered half the menu was not available. I ended up having lamb, which was fine, but I rarely eat lamb.

The food was fine. Portion sizes are very nice. The presentation was lovely, the atmosphere was friendly and the owners are quite nice as well. I think this restaurant does rate as one best in Peekskill and I would not hesitate to recommend it to friends.

1 Thank JudyMetroNYCarea
Putnam Valley, NY
“Fantastic! World Class Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2008

This is one of those places where no food is left on the table. The duck confit is absolutely the best I've ever had. I have it every single time I go there. It is an absolute can't miss. From soup to nuts, everything is delicious. This is the best restaurant in Westchester.

2 Thank SuburbanGourmond