“Step back in time... to the '70s!!! LOL!”
Review of Inn on the Hudson

Inn on the Hudson
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Peekskill
Toronto
“Step back in time... to the '70s!!! LOL!”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

The Inn on the Hudson probably hasn't been renovated in 40 years. BUT it is very clean and tidy. The beds were comfortable, even completely encased in a special mattress protectors that made me feel a bit more at ease about bed bugs... which I didn't find any. Bring your own shampoo, etc., the little samples were not the nicest. Hair dryer was not strong enough for my long, thick hair, so bring your own if that is important to you. None of these things are a deal breaker for me. I want sanitary, tidy and comfortable when I need a place to sleep, and the Inn on the Hudson delivers that. Flat screen tv with lots of channels.

The claim to fame for this motel is: the view of the Hudson River is spectacular. Plus, for people visiting the Peekskills/Mohegan/Yorktown region, there are very few hotels to choose from.

It's old, but it's clean and comfortable. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Upper level rooms have nice balconies and a breath-taking view of the river and mountains.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Innonthehudson, Manager at Inn on the Hudson, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for the nice review. We are in fact in the process of remodeling all of our rooms. Eight rooms are completly done at this time and all the others are partially completed to some degree. We are currently waiting for our new bedding to arrive in September. The eight rooms with the new bedding are as spectacular as the view.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My sister and I stayed at the Inn on the Hudson in order to attend a friend's 25th wedding anniversary party on July 14 2012. The room was neat and clean, and we could sit outside on balcony in evening for view. Breakfast was minimal, but there and free. The pool is also minimal and the bar closed on a Saturday night at 10pm

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Nice place to stay. Nothing special about the rooms. The view of the Hudson River across to New Jersey, was awesome, beautiful,quit and very relaxing.

1Hour commute from Peekskill to Manhattan, New York by metro. Costly tickets $14.00 peak time ( 20.00) on train - $10.75 off peak (17.00) on train. Cabs 6.00 + 1.00 for additional person. From metro to Inn On The Hudson. The attentants at the Inn on The Hudson were very helpful and kind.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank CHG211
Georgia
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for Studio Event celebration which included touring of Aussie Stephanie Dale.
The hotel informed me all rooms except smoking were sold out I tried to find other accommodations until I learned the hotel
was the only game in town.
I got there about mid-day and found the view of the Hudson absolutely stunning. The lunch served was unique seafood salad dish. The hotel was in walking distance to downtown Peekskill. I did not spend much time in the room and my stay was short....
I can't help wonder what my stay would have been like if I would have gotten the room of my choice.

Room Tip: Most rooms over look the bay. If you can get one on the second level. That would probably be best.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed at Inn on the Hudson in September 2011 for a wedding up the road in Garrison. The total cost for one night's stay was less than $100, the room was spotless and the view was unparalleled.

This place's motto is supposedly "Home of Hospitality on the Hudson," and I must respectfully disagree that hospitality is a priority here. After driving 4+ hours from Boston to Peekskill, I had to be at my friend's wedding at 3:30pm, but check in wasn't until 3:00pm. Long story short, not only was I not allowed to check in 30 minutes early (after requesting permission to do so weeks, days and then hours in advance, explaining why I was in a time crunch over and over), but I faced rudeness and derision at every step of the check-in process. There was no sympathy at my situation, no customer service or assistance in finding an alternative, and no indication that Debbie at the front desk had any desire to be hospitable. She seemed, in fact, to enjoy saying no and being indifferent to my problem. She wouldn't check on our room, let us do the check in paperwork while waiting for the 3pm 'deadline...' she didn't even point out the public restroom or the bar.

Eventually, we gave up trying to get some assistance, turned on the a/c in the car and did our make-up and hair there.

I won't say others shouldn't stay here because, frankly, the view is spectacular, the rooms are decent, and there's a bar & restaurant & pool. All I'm saying is, if you have a special situation, need some accommodation or assistance... look elsewhere. The stay could have been perfect, spectacular, fun, but instead we were rushed and stressed and that's not cool.

Room Tip: Do they all face the Hudson? Because the view is fing rediculous.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank phenchurch
, General Manager at Inn on the Hudson, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
We apologize that we were not able to accommodate the special request of an early check-in. We strive to honor early check-ins and late check-outs when possible, but it is never guaranteed. The reason they are not guaranteed is because check-out time is 11am. That leaves us only a four hour window to thoroughly clean, inspect and make ready the rooms by 3pm. And sometimes guest do not check-out by 11am, causing us even more delay in cleaning the rooms. In this particular instance, we had back to back sell out days, so all the rooms had to be cleaned and so no clean rooms were available until 3pm. Lastly, Debbie is one of the friendliest Front Desk Agents you will ever meet, who consistently receives nothing but accolades from our guests.

Travelers are raving about these Peekskill hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Hubby and I stayed here on a May Saturday night after attending a local wedding. The bride had arranged for a discounted group rate, but, based on the mixed reviews, we almost didn't stay here. We did and found it to be very clean and neat. We had a good night's sleep in a very comfy king-sized bed in Room 11, ground floor, front end unit. Yup, you could hear some car noise from Route 9 and from the train, but it was not a deal-breaker by any means, and after about 11 p.m., the noise was gone for the most part.This is Westchester, not Wyoming, after all. Is the place a dump as some reviewers have suggested? No. Is it sorely in need of some updated decor and new furniture ? Yes. But the curtains, bedspread, rug, and bathroom tile were all new, as well as the bathtub and toilet. Great hot shower, pretty and clean (looked new) shower curtain. The grounds are well kept with lots of flowers. The pool, which was filled, but not open yet, looked quite inviting. And there was a shady gazebo/ramada with tables and chairs next to the pool. The view was quite nice. I could see spending the afternoon at the pool and having a drink by the gazebo/ramada. We sat outside in the morning on comfy wicker chairs on the porch with our coffee. (Didn't eat on the property's restaurant.) So, don't expect luxury. Don't expect the big brand experience. Don't check in here if you want a week's vacation for your family. But if you are looking for a clean place in Westchester a privately run modest motel whose management seems to be trying, this might be for you.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask to see a room or two first before handing over your credit card, so you could see which...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Loretta S
Reviewed April 21, 2012

The Inn itself is gorgeous on the outside and the view is just amazing. Unfortunately I feel that's really all it has going for it. The room we were in was on the small side and I was very disappointed to learn that the ice machine was broken especially since there is no refrigerator in the room. Made it very hard staying with an infant. The room seemed pretty clean except for some marks on the walls and my daughter did find some chocolate chips on the floor from previous guests. We were very disappointed with the tv, I think we had like 10 channels and no local news at all. We did have Wi-Fi though so that was good. Overall I don't think I would stay here again because other places nearby cost about the same and have more amenities. Your really just paying for the view here which our room didn't even have. Booked a different hotel for our 2nd night in the area.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank NyMommyTo3
Innonthehudson, Manager at Inn on the Hudson, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
We apologize for the inconvenience caused by our ice machine, and it was promptly fixed. However, we do offer refrigerators and microwaves upon request at no additional charge. As for the TV's, our satellite system offers 42 channels as listed in the in room directory, including local ones.

Currently we are renovating our rooms that have refrigerators and microwaves permanently installed. In addition we are upgrading our TV system by installing new flat screen TV's in all the rooms.

We would like you to try us again. Therefore, we are offering the writer of this review one complimentary room night in one of our newly renovated rooms, subject to availability.

Please contact the manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Peekskill
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peekskill - Hudson Valley
#1 of 1 in Bear Mountain
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Point
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown

Been to Inn on the Hudson? Share your experiences!