“Lovely Outdoor Lunch Spot”
Review of Birdsall House

Birdsall House
Ranked #17 of 80 Restaurants in Peekskill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My lunch was great and quiet. I have tried to come at night and it's always packed. I'll keep trying. The menu is created to complement the brews with local products and a variety of charcuterie specials.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have had lunch here twice. Food is very good. They make a great grilled cheese with either chili (excellent) or soup of the day. 20 different craft beers on tap. Last time I was there had a great selection of IPAs. Old style funky bar with silent movies playing on the wall, old wood bar, old bathrooms, you get the picture. Worth a stop by if you are a craft beer lover.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My family and I ate at the Birdsall House for the first time on Saturday night. We sat in the tavern by the window and loved the lively, casual environment. The meal was delicious. I tried a Literati cocktail which was tasty, tart with a nice kick (Rum, Cointreau, Grapefruit and Lime). My husband enjoyed a draft from their extensive beer menu. First off, let me say we are not meat eaters but we were feeling adventurous after reviewing our dinner options at the near by Cinco De Mayo festival. The standout dishes for us =Appetizer- The Calamari and Asparagus Salad. The calamari was crispy and cooked perfectly, mixed with a salad dressed in a lemon caper vinaigrette. YUM! I will return for this dish alone. But then I ordered something even more sinfully delicious. A Beet and Grain burger with fries. I love finding a great veggie burger... I love beets and I love goat cheese so this is what made me call the meal “Stellar.” There was a good sized smear of goat cheese on the bun and it melted against the caramelized onions and apples. The photo says it all. A lovely combination of food. The fries were crispy with just the right amount of salt. My husband tried the cod cakes with the ramp remoulade and baby bok choy= Delicious. The only critical thing, I would say is that the coconut butter cream cake for dessert was slightly dry. Still very tasty but the icing and cake had been exposed to the air a bit too long. It was served with yummy mango ice-cream. Overall the meal was excellent. We are happy to see a local restaurant doing well. Keep up the great work.

1  Thank Luvitorleaveit
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My friends and I went here on a late night we got to enjoy great drinks , play darts & listen to a live band . WE HAD A BLAST

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Microbrews galore, one better than the next. The food is modern cuisine and is good.

Try a flight of drafts.