“Excellent wine tasting and wine making class”

Sannino Bella Vita Vineyard
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Peconic
More attraction details
Owner description: Sannino Bella Vita Vineyard's winery & tasting room is situated on a 17 acre vineyard in the North Fork of Long Island NY. Our address is 1375 Peconic Lane, Peconic. Our tasting room & winery is located in an historic barn circa 1900's. This casual and rustic setting is a great place to start your wine appreciation. Through education and our hands on approach, is what makes our winery a perfect spot to enjoy on the wine trail. We have many Estate wines to choose from cabernet Franc, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, White Merlot, and Chardonnay. Our tasting room is open 11-6pm see website for days Groups larger than 6 MUST make a reservation due to our limited space. Tours and Classes are also available. Please visit our web site for dates & times.
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My wife and I took the Wine Appreciation Class, given by Anthony Sannino in the vineyard and the barrel room. I learned more about wine making in one session than I expected to know in a lifetime. Anthony is knowledgeable and friendly and passionate about the subject. I also found from the many samples included with the tour that these guys make excellent wines, and I came away with a new appreciation of Long Island wines. PS - delicious cheeseboard also included.

BellaVitaVineyard, Owner at Sannino Bella Vita Vineyard, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you for your write-up and recommendation about our wines and tasting barn. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with our Wine Appreciation Class, and all of its features.

We hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Sannino Bella Vita Vineyard

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We had a great time tasting all the wines at the Sannino Vineyard. I especially loved the white merlot, something different you don't get everywhere. The tasting room is small and intimate, and the server was knowledgable about all the different varieties. They also have a small picnic area outside to sit and enjoy the scenery. Based on the other reviews, I'm excited to go back one day and do a full tour and wine making class.

BellaVitaVineyard, Owner at Sannino Bella Vita Vineyard, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Hi and thank you for your recommendation on Trip Advisor. We appreciate hearing that you enjoyed the White Merlot and tasting at our Peconic tasting barn. Thank you!

We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

After visiting 2 other wineries, decided to come to this place as it was getting good reviews. The place is small but very charming. The staff are very friendly and attentive. We visited at almost closing time buy the staff were friendly enough to stick arounds for the patrons to finish with their wine tasting. I loved the white merlot and purchaed a whole bottle for a very reasonable price. They also have a b&b on the property which I am curious to take a reservation to stay, however, they require a min of 2 nights. Overall, the value is great. The wines were excellent. Would stop by again!

Thank you so much for sharing your review, as you know how valuable these can be. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience wine tasting at our unique location, and that you took home a bottle.

We hope to see you again soon!
Very Best,

Reviewed August 21, 2013

This small, intimate winery is a MUST SEE in my opinion. I gave a co-worker a Groupon Deal Sannino was offering for Secret Santa Gift at work, she was kind enough to ask me along...So glad I did..though it was early in the season it was a gorgeous day on the Northfolk, when we arrived I was happy to see performers setting up for a gig, as we'd missed the annual "Jazz Fest" Sannino is part of. A couple & a family w/a baby were already relaxing in full wine & cheese mode at the wine bar & a table but there was plenty of room to be had. The rustic barn which housed the wine making/tasting room behind glass as well as the bar/dining area was relaxing & nicely decorated the staff was attentive & kind...the owners Anthony & Lisa,(who I called at least 3 times leading up to our visit), were friendly, funny & accommodating..certainly not the wine snobs I was afraid I'd encounter at this sort of place. Anthony is clearly passionate about the business he & his wife are building, (& it is growing) his seminar on grapes, wine making, even the local soil informed me on many points about wine that have made me the wine expert among my friends. I was very excited about the opportunity to care for the vines & make my own wine at Sannino & would love to participate in the future. Though our groupon (such a great value) didn't include a cheese plate Anthony gave us one anyway (Thank you) A family w/young children were our tour mates & the verbal quiz & after test seemed to keep them happy as well. I am looking forward to return in the fall for some "Seasonal Spice Wine" Hoping to be able to incorporate a stay at the couples' B&B up the road, from their description & what I see on the website it looks like the perfect quick weekend get-a-way & unwind spot. Thanks also to the musicians who did a nice Beatles, James Taylory set on the afternoon we visited.

BellaVitaVineyard, Owner at Sannino Bella Vita Vineyard, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your recommendation for our North Fork winery. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the Wine Country experience as well as our wines. It is nice to hear that our tasting barn is entertaining and educating - that's what we strive for.

Very Best,

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Lisa and Anthony Sannino are passionate about their job. We spent a wonderful afternoon learning the fine points of wine growing, making, blending and bottling. Anthony is knowledgeable but good humored making the experience fun while informative. We had a group of thirteen friends blending wine, making private labels, sipping great wine, enjoying a lovely luncheon and having more than a few laughs. Cannot say enough about this beautiful winery and great people...don't miss it!

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are thrilled to hear that you found the wine blending session to be information, and that you also really loved the wine tastings as well. We are passionate about our winegrowing and winemaking, and appreciate when that comes through.

We hope to see you soon!
Best,