“Just When You Thought it Couldn't Get Any Better....!!”
Review of The Harvest Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Peconic
The Harvest Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Peconic B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 23, 2010

There are just so many reasons why we keep coming back here. On the top of the list would be the owner's, Darolyn and Chris. Two of the most kindest, friendliest people you'll meet. From our first visit several years back (and may I add annually) they leave you feeling as if you're family. The accomodations are wonderful and the breakfast is to die for. I wonder if that in itself subconsciously draws me back! Creations by Chris one would never imagine. Trust me, being Italian I know food and this is beyond words. This is one place I can and do reccommend without hesitation. No one has ever returned with a single complaint. Can't wait to book another weekend!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Harvest Inn

Reviewed November 20, 2010

We just had our 22nd stay at the Harvest Inn and words can't describe just how fantastic it was! Darolyn and Chris go out of their way for all there guests to ensure a wonderful, relaxing and memorable stay. Just seeing that we have been there 22 times really says it all, but each time we are more and more impressed with their hospitality! Christopher's breakfast was out of this world, warm polenta with maple syrup and fresh bananas to start. Then we moved onto to one of his outrageous frittatas with fresh local greens and and goat cheese with roasted potatoes! Fresh squeezed orange juice and local apple cider complimented the meal, along with some wonderful company who were all repeat guests. Might I add that that was one mornings breakfast, the morning before we had fresh fruit cups followed by pumpkin ricotta pancakes that were simply to die for! It was really was unbelievable!
The room was clean and crisp as usual, with beautiful soft sheets, a warm blanket to snuggle in and sunlight beaming in from all four windows! It's just so lovely!
We were running late to check in and they both checked in with us up until about 830pm to make sure they could help us keep our dinner reservation, which was originally for 8pm. Honestly, I couldn't ask for better service! It was time to set our clocks back, they actually left a note on the door for their guests to ensure we got our extra hour of sleep the next morning! That may sound insignificant to some, but it was greatly appreciated by both me and my husband!
I truly recommend The Harvest Inn to anyone who is looking to spend the weekend on Long Island's North Fork, you will not regret it and you will return! Trust us, we've been there 22 times!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2010

Excellent location for checking out the wineries. The accommodations were very nice; clean room. Bed was small for 2 people. There is breakfast in the morning (as it is a B&B) prepared by the owner who is supposedly culinary trained. After reading reviews on the site we expected a gourmet, knock-out quality breakfast. It was average. Much better food to be found in the area nearby. We found the owner to be a little pompous, and actually slightly rude on one occasion. This is contrary to the reviews on here, so maybe this was out of character for him, I don't know. His wife, however, was very nice and a wealth of information on the area. Very nice B&B overall, but way overpriced for what it is.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank DrRhythm
Reviewed November 8, 2010

We stayed at the Harvest Inn last year in November and took our extended family (aunt and uncle) back this year. Everything is just as wonderful if not even better - amazing seasonal breakfasts like pumpkin ricotta pancakes from Christopher and great suggestions for how to spend a perfect day in wine country from Darolyn. Not a surprise that they get a lot of return visitors!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for our one year anniversary and couldn't be more pleased with our decision. Darolyn and Chris have a beautiful home and were so helpful with information every morning with what was happening that day at the wineries. We shared a bottle of wine that we got in Napa on our honeymoon with our hosts on their beautiful farmers porch.(where we polished off quite a few bottles) This was our first visit to wine country in Long Island and we were very happy with the entire trip. We will be going back to the Harvest Inn to repeat this trip over and over.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2010

My husband and I first stayed at the Harvest Inn during the Fall of 2009 as an anniversary trip to LI Wine Country. We had such a lovely experience, we've recommended it to all olf our friends, and just returned for another visit this August.

The location is ideal - walking distance to many of the vineyards, and a 15 min or less drive to any of the area 'attractions'. The Inn itself is in perfect condition - you can tell that the owners love this place and really maintain it. Downstairs is a full porch with lots of comfy seating - perfect for sitting outside at night and enjoying a bottle of local wine. We loved the decor and feel of the place so much, we asked Darolyn for the exact number/shade of the living room paint color and painted our kitchen the same!

Breakfast is served each morning in the dining room, and each day that we were there different china/linens/etc. were used. Chris prepares an amazingly delicious breakfast. I usually don't eat breakfast, but I've cleaned my plate every time I've visited! Upstairs you'll find all of the rooms, and a shared mini fridge stocked with bottled water. Both rooms we've stayed in were super charming, very relaxing. At home I don't use a pillow to sleep on because I can never find one comfortable enough. But during my last visit at the Inn I fell in love with the pillow in my room. It was absolute perfection.

We love that there isn't a tv in the rooms, but there is a CD player, some CDs, a number of books and magazines, etc. My husband recognized the soaps and bathroom items to be from Italy- there is no detail overlooked.

Darolyn and Chris, who are the owners/innkeepers, are really warm and friendly. Upon arrival Darolyn will welcome you and provide you with some area maps, will let you know if there are any events while you're in town (like live music, or farm festivals,etc), and will also recommend some of their favorite vineyards/restaurants to visit. Upon making my reservation, she emailed me a list of suggested restaurants in the area, and even offered to assist with making reservations.

I simply can't say enough positive things about The Harvest Inn. I am an avid traveller, very often taking 5-6 vacations each year. And my experience at the Harvest Inn ranks among my top 5!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2010

I came across The Harvest Inn researching online for our 3rd trip back out to LI wine country for our wedding anniversary and couldn't have been happier with our choice when we pulled up the driveway. Don't be concerned with its Main Rd address; you pull in and will be amazed at how secluded, beautiful and quiet it truly is. From the serene landscaping to the relaxing wrap around porch its a great place to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee or glass of wine. The inside is equally as cozy and relaxing and while we only saw 1 room it had the same feeling so we could only assume the rest of the rooms were great as well. On top of all of that hosts Darolyn & Chris truly bring the most warmth to The Harvest Inn. From their hospitality, to their knowledge of wine country, to their passion for the inn, you couldn't ask for better hosts. When you leave you will wish you didn't have to go and then you have Chris's breakfast and you know you'll be back soon.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peconic
Harborfront Inn at Greenport
Jedediah Hawkins Inn & Restaurant
North Fork Guest House
North Fork Guest House
#1 of 8 in Cutchogue

Been to The Harvest Inn? Share your experiences!