“Beautiful B&B. Great Hosts.”
Review of The Harvest Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Peconic
The Harvest Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Peconic B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 24, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for our one year anniversary and couldn't be more pleased with our decision. Darolyn and Chris have a beautiful home and were so helpful with information every morning with what was happening that day at the wineries. We shared a bottle of wine that we got in Napa on our honeymoon with our hosts on their beautiful farmers porch.(where we polished off quite a few bottles) This was our first visit to wine country in Long Island and we were very happy with the entire trip. We will be going back to the Harvest Inn to repeat this trip over and over.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Harvest Inn

Reviewed September 12, 2010

My husband and I first stayed at the Harvest Inn during the Fall of 2009 as an anniversary trip to LI Wine Country. We had such a lovely experience, we've recommended it to all olf our friends, and just returned for another visit this August.

The location is ideal - walking distance to many of the vineyards, and a 15 min or less drive to any of the area 'attractions'. The Inn itself is in perfect condition - you can tell that the owners love this place and really maintain it. Downstairs is a full porch with lots of comfy seating - perfect for sitting outside at night and enjoying a bottle of local wine. We loved the decor and feel of the place so much, we asked Darolyn for the exact number/shade of the living room paint color and painted our kitchen the same!

Breakfast is served each morning in the dining room, and each day that we were there different china/linens/etc. were used. Chris prepares an amazingly delicious breakfast. I usually don't eat breakfast, but I've cleaned my plate every time I've visited! Upstairs you'll find all of the rooms, and a shared mini fridge stocked with bottled water. Both rooms we've stayed in were super charming, very relaxing. At home I don't use a pillow to sleep on because I can never find one comfortable enough. But during my last visit at the Inn I fell in love with the pillow in my room. It was absolute perfection.

We love that there isn't a tv in the rooms, but there is a CD player, some CDs, a number of books and magazines, etc. My husband recognized the soaps and bathroom items to be from Italy- there is no detail overlooked.

Darolyn and Chris, who are the owners/innkeepers, are really warm and friendly. Upon arrival Darolyn will welcome you and provide you with some area maps, will let you know if there are any events while you're in town (like live music, or farm festivals,etc), and will also recommend some of their favorite vineyards/restaurants to visit. Upon making my reservation, she emailed me a list of suggested restaurants in the area, and even offered to assist with making reservations.

I simply can't say enough positive things about The Harvest Inn. I am an avid traveller, very often taking 5-6 vacations each year. And my experience at the Harvest Inn ranks among my top 5!

Reviewed September 6, 2010

I came across The Harvest Inn researching online for our 3rd trip back out to LI wine country for our wedding anniversary and couldn't have been happier with our choice when we pulled up the driveway. Don't be concerned with its Main Rd address; you pull in and will be amazed at how secluded, beautiful and quiet it truly is. From the serene landscaping to the relaxing wrap around porch its a great place to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee or glass of wine. The inside is equally as cozy and relaxing and while we only saw 1 room it had the same feeling so we could only assume the rest of the rooms were great as well. On top of all of that hosts Darolyn & Chris truly bring the most warmth to The Harvest Inn. From their hospitality, to their knowledge of wine country, to their passion for the inn, you couldn't ask for better hosts. When you leave you will wish you didn't have to go and then you have Chris's breakfast and you know you'll be back soon.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We chose the Harvest Inn for our anniversary celebration because it offered a package that included a gourmet picnic lunch prepared by the Innkeeper and a four-hour sail boat excursion on the Peconic Bay. The Inn was centrally located in the North Fork wine country and we had a great time visiting vineyards and sampling Long Island wines. In addition our Inn provided a private wine tasting for the guests late Saturday afternoon. Christopher, our host, was very informative about grapes, prime growing locations and conditions, and optimal temperatures for serving and drinking wines. The Inn, although on a main road, was quiet and peaceful inside. Our room was lovely, spacious, immaculately clean and comfortable. The dining room, where all guests were served a gourmet breakfast prepared by Christopher, was tastefully decorated and the table settings were elegant. Outside there was an expansive front porch that wrapped around the side of the cedar-shingled house. The noise of the traffic was subdued by the sound of a waterfall/fountain in the front yard. There was ample comfortable seating on the porch. The grounds were tastefully landscaped. The Innkeepers had many suggestions for dining, wine tasting, beach going, special events and were extremely helpful and accommodating. The Harvest Inn is a place to go back to many times and never be disappointed.

Reviewed August 23, 2010

My husband and I were on Long Island for a wedding and a reception that was taking place at the Raphael Vineyard so we wanted to find a place that was close. We came across this beautiful place online and decided to try it since it was right next door to Raphael's. When we arrived (running very late for the 2pm wedding), Darolyn met us at the door and was so sweet and made the check-in process very quick for us because she knew we were running late. We did spend most of the night at the reception next door but when we got back we slept great in the amazing bed and the next morning had some awesome blueberry ricotta pancakes!! I certainly wish we could have stayed longer and spent more time visiting the vineyards and enjoying the Harevest Inn, but I am sure we will return. One of the great things was that Darolyn had a long list of exciting things that were going on that day at many vineyards in the area so if we had the time would could have found things to do all day long!

Reviewed August 12, 2010

My husband and i had the wonderful opportunity to stay here during the June 2010 Long Island Wine Camp. Darolyn and Chris were the most gracious of hosts. This b and b is absolutely gorgeous and the breakfast each morning was totally different and gourmet. We cannot wait to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2010

I had the pleasure to stay here with good friends & family for wine camp. Christopher made the best breakfasts ever and I really enjoyed the meals along with great conversations! The rooms are beautiful and Daralyn is an exceptional host. I plan to come back with my husband to stay, it is worth it for sure!

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peconic
Harborfront Inn at Greenport
Jedediah Hawkins Inn & Restaurant
North Fork Guest House
North Fork Guest House
#1 of 8 in Cutchogue

Been to The Harvest Inn? Share your experiences!