TripAdvisor
Peconic
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews wine camp wine country north fork excellent chef look forward other guests home away from home wrap around porch favorite places trained chef celebrate our anniversary old friends memorable experience girls weekend lovely weekend short drive wonderful stay
Selected filters
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Recently my girlfriend and I celebrated her birthday at a wonderful B&B on the north fork of Long Island. The Harvest Inn was highly recommended and we went there with some very high expectations. We are very pleased to announce that our expectations were not only met but exceeded by our wonderful hosts Darolyn and Chris. We fell in love with this place the moment we arrived. The inn itself is large an spacious, the decor is wonderful and comfortable. I had seen pictures of the rooms on line but those pictures did not do justice to the rooms. The are large, extremely comfortable, well lit with large windows and a very comfortable bed, something other B&B's we have stayed at didn't have. The accommodations are the best that I have seen.

But that is not the best part. The best part was our hosts. Darolyn and Chris are gracious, friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I recommend you get them to talk about their travels! They run a wine camp each year and I think they know each vineyard owner on a first name basis. They recommended activities and vineyards to visit and they were right on each. Chris did a wine clinic for all of who were staying that weekend and I learned a great deal about wine tasting.

The food. Chris is a master chef and he approached our breakfasts with gusto. It is hard to describe just how amazing the food tasted. It was a great way to start the day!

So, This is a place you want to go to because if you do you will find ways to come back again and again.

Room tip: I recommend the Sunrise Room!
Date of stay: August 2012
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I am not one to review/ blog but when you experience a place as tranquil and beautiful as The Harvest Inn it would be a crime not to let others know about this little secret. Although this was not my first visit to the Inn, somehow it always brings me to new heights. The Inn keepers are two of the most beautiful, warm people you will meet. They are truly in this for the pleasure of their guests! The breakfasts served every morning are heaven. From relaxing on the porch and planning your day, you will not be let down. From the moment you arrive until the moment you leave your stay is filled with such serenity, truly unforgettable memories! As for accomodations: the Inn is extremely clean and well kept. Very comfortable beds, well appointed bathrooms and pretty grounds. Plus a great location, near all to do! You will not be disappointed! BOOK NOW!!!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband and I recently spent the weekend at The Harvest Inn this past July. It was our second trip back to the Inn.
What a relaxing a wonderful stay we had. The Inn itself is beautifully decorated and so much attention to detail is paid. The owners, Darolyn and Christopher go out of their way to create a comfotable yet luxurious atmosphere for their guests.They are two of the most personable and warm hosts ever! The couple is so well versed in the area of wine and food and know all the best places in town.
The rooms are impeccable and so nicely decorated. Breakfast at the inn is truly a gourmet experience which caters to your personal tastes.
Everytime we stay at The Harvest Inn we are sad to leave and can't wait to come back!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Look no further…for you have found sheer perfection. The moment you arrive at The Harvest Inn and are greeted by your most amazing inn keepers, Darolyn and Christopher, every bit of stress magically disappears from life. You begin a journey of delightful and delicious breakfasts, days of wine and cheese and evenings of culinary delight…what more can you ask for! The Harvest Inn is beautifully kept and so comfortable. Whether you want a serene escape or laughter on the front porch, Darolyn and Chris have a way of making it happen. Whether a first time visitor or a regular, they always offer you the best of the North Fork! A stay at the Harvest Inn is travel at its finest.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

What can one say? This place is AWESOME! Darolyn and Christopher are exceptional hosts. They are quick to help you find wonderful places to eat and things to do. They go over the top at being helpful and it is greatly appreciated. The B&B is so very pretty and comfortable. Music playing all day is relaxing, The morning breakfast wonderful and their enjoyment at seeing you enjoy yourselves at their house is amazing. The room was comfortable and wonderful. I don't think there is even one bad thing I could say. I can't wait to go back again! Thanks for a wonderful and enjoyable weekend.

Date of stay: August 2012