“Our Daughter's Wedding”
Review of Hilton Pearl River

Hilton Pearl River
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pearl River
Reviewed January 12, 2010

We planned our daughter's wedding at the beautiful Pearl River Hilton- everything from the first "Hello" by Banquet Manager Gerry Burns to our check-out the morning after the beautiful wedding was professional, flawless and impeccably perfect!! Gerry and her staff made a long day (we got to the hotel by 9am and left 11am the following morning) a wonderful experience- one of the best days of our lives.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank MOTBNewCityNewYork
There are newer reviews for Hilton Pearl River

Reviewed January 7, 2010

We stayed in this hotel for a conference and had the worst experience ever. I've stayed in numerous Hiltons before and usually had great service. However, in this place the staff is incredibly rude, we had stains on our pillowcases and when we called housekeeping, they acted as though they didn't know what we were complaining about. We asked if it'd be possible to get new pillows, and it took them 30 minutes! Finally my husband went downstairs, where the woman was just about to bring them up (or maybe she wasn't, since she was still down there). The room smelled like cigarette smoke, and when I went to take a shower, saw several cockroaches. What a nightmare. We asked to switch, but were told the hotel was fully booked (though it didn't look like there were that many guests). When we booked our room, the concierge said breakfast was included. Then when we got there we found out it was an extra $20 per person, for a pretty crappy breakfast.

The only reason this hotel is in business is because there's no other ones in the area. The golf course next door is pretty, but I would never stay here again. The staff and management clearly know they're the only game in town, and treat you that way.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
HiltonPearlRiver, General Manager at Hilton Pearl River, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2010

For issues as unacceptable as this, we are all very surprised that we have no record of this situation which supposedly took place in January 2010. As of today, 8 January 2010, we have not hosted any conferences this January nor have we received any complaints such as this.

Needless to say, it is discouraging to read a review like this when you take pride in your hotel and the service you provide. Obviously, the details as relayed by this guest make for an unacceptable stay. I would invite this guest to get in touch with me directly to discuss any issues experienced.

Our housekeeping department is exceptional and one of the reasons why we have been able to succeed in this very competitive hotel market for over 20 years.

Reviewed December 31, 2009

Overall, the hotel is very nice. According to the Hilton website, the pool was going to be completed in early December so my kids were excited to swim during winter. However, upon arrival, the pool was empty with ladders in it. Hilton probably should have updated their website to indicate the delay. Perhaps we'll swim next time.

We ate breakfast twice and while there were clearly scheduling issues due to the renovation (the restaurant was set up in one of the function rooms). That said, Anne was wonderful as were the other staff members. For the life of me I can't recall the other woman's name but she was also fantastic. She suggested some museums for our children to visit and even printed out directions. I sure do wish I could recall her name. Anyway, I can not say enough about how great they were to my family. They did a great job with the obvious challenge of carting food down a hall vs. having a kitchen to walk out of into the restaurant.

The rooms were well equipped (although the iron was broken, but not a big deal). My kids used the game system and I was quite surprised when I got the bill of $30.00 on my bill. I'm laughing because I think my kids knew and kept adding time onto the initial purchase. Just a note of caution if you travel with kids who like to play video games. The room was spotless, bedding pristine, and the beds were so comfortable.

Front desk personnel was efficient, professional, and very polite. No problems with check in or check out. Parking was plentiful, free, and the hotel was in a nice area (office park area). The Palisades Mall is a 10 minute ride from the hotel and was enormous with plenty of restaurant options and any store you could imagine.

We will definately be coming back to the Hilton Pearl River!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank clamchowda
Reviewed November 11, 2009

From the moment we arrived our stay was FABULOUS. We had a magnificent huge, upgraded room to start things off. Everyone at the front desk could not have been more helpful. The ballroom and reception area were gorgeous for the wedding and everything looked perfect. Le Jardin for brunch the next day was beautiful too. The fall foliage was lovely and despite the pool and fitness center being closed for renovations the place was great - the restaurant is also relocated but the people were all very accomodating. Gerry Burns was the best wedding coordinator one could ever dream of - the tasting was phenomenal and my son and daughter in law who planned the wedding loved working with Gerry. OUr friends are still calling 12 days later to rave about the food and the quantity as well as the quality - everything was truly spectacular. I am sure our family will be back for more weddings and family events.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank njfeldman
Reviewed October 16, 2009

I see nothing special about this hotel save its beautiful exterior. It may depend on what your priorities are, but I was not satisfied.

Location is pretty, but if you are traveling to see the area, this hotel is not that close to anything. You can drive into nearby towns to eat, but, unless you know the area, this will be difficult (the hotel does not have much in the way of local information). As others have mentioned, though the pictures show lovely grounds, there is really not much that is accessible to guests.

We were there for a wedding, as were many others, and we did not receive the room type we reserved. We reserved a king, non-smoking (many months in advance) and received a double room that smelled like smoke.

Room's decor was nice, though a bit worn-looking. Not much in the way of closet space. Also, as others have said, we heard a great deal of hotel noise from other rooms and from the hallway. On a wedding weekend when lots of guests are up late, this makes it difficult to have a quiet night.

Also, the room's bathroom was newly remodeled, but had no towel racks or hooks. The hotel said it was 'green' and that we could reuse towels, but we had nowhere to hang them between showers. Also, no bathtub, just a shower.

I was NOT impressed with the hotel's dining room. Breakfast was a buffet (starting at $15 for the 'cold' buffet of cereal and breads) that did not contain enough food for me to feel it was worth the money, even with the omelet bar. The lunch that I had (chicken pot pie) seemed to have been made with mixed frozen vegetables, dry chicken, and a weak broth - DEFINITELY not worth what I paid. Pasta dish was ok.

However, the food at the wedding we attended was quite good and presented well.

Given that the hotel markets itself to weddings and to romance, I was disappointed that there was no spa.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2009

This is a very attractive hotel. The grounds are well manicured. The lobby is large and and inviting. (Guests were actually using it, a rarity to see these days.) Housekeeping does a great job in the rooms and the hallways. The restaurant is mostly quite good.(The steak was excellent, the slider burgers were not.) The pool was warm; the sauna was broken.The exercise room was well equipt. I requested a room that was near the pool with a nice view. Neither request was granted. The 4th floor was too warm,almost uncomfortably so. The thermostat in the room did not operate properly. All in all a very good value. I paid $145.00 for room#408.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2009

Nice room, although, we were later charged on our credit card for taking something out of the room that we did not take. It was obviously already missing and we did not know it. Accounting Dept subtracted it from the credit card when we called to complain. The restaurant was awful. Breakfast was a buffet. I went alone and had no waitress service, although, the table beside me did. The omlet was the smallest I had ever seen at a Hilton. I don't usually go to hotel restaurants to eat and this is why. No free internet. Front desk staff was extremely rude.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Park Ridge
Hampton Inn Nanuet
Hampton Inn Nanuet
#2 of 5 in Nanuet

Been to Hilton Pearl River? Share your experiences!