“Pretty Place, Nice Rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Pearl River

Hilton Pearl River
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pearl River
Princeton, New Jersey
“Pretty Place, Nice Rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

We only stayed one night, but it was very pleasant and comfortable. Rooms were nice and well-appointed. Nice amenities. The hotel is in a beautiful spot. We had a nice night and I would stay here again if the occasion arises.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
William M, General Manager at Hilton Pearl River, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
We are glad you had a good stay with us. Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back.
William Maloney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Seaside Park, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Other than not getting the ottoman that my husband needed every thing else was ok. I was told by two different employees that they would send it up but they didn't. Room was clean and beds were comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

William M, General Manager at Hilton Pearl River, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Sally M,
Thanks for taking the time to share this short feedback and I'm sorry to hear that we missed this request. We do our best to keep everyone comfortable and this is certainly something we should have been able to handle. I'd like to learn more about this so we can address it and I invite you to write back to me directly with more details about when you stayed with us.
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

The hotel and property are a beautiful welcome to a weary traveler, nestled in the woods with views of sprawling grounds and a golf course out back. The staff, at the front desk and in the restaurant are professional and friendly, ensuring all needs and ementies are provided for. What they can't help with is the boom and artic blast of the A/C unit in the guest rooms.

Despite the start of Fall and a cool, crispness in the air, a paper sign was posted on my window asking to please keep the window closed; it stated it was gnat season which could navigate through the screens. As such, I had to use the A/C unit.

Rooms are laid out such that the vent is pointed straight towards the bed. (I was told all rooms are laid out the same.) The A/C would turn on with a rattle and a boom...I'd bundle up for the article chill blasting towards the bed. The A/C would turn off...and I'd toss the blanket back off as the room fell silent and warmed back up. Leaving the fan 'on' helped mask the noise...but the changes in temperature proved frustrating.

So again, a beautiful hotel but not the best night's sleep. Moving the bed to the side wall would greatly help but I didn't think the morning maid would appreciate having to move it back.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GDawgs,
I'm glad you were impressed with our location and friendly staff, and I appreciate your feedback on our air conditioning system and apologize the noise and cycling disturbed your rest. We do our best to address any issues like this that are brought to our attention so please feel free to contact me directly with more details, such as your dates of stay and room number. We know how important a good night's sleep is while traveling and hope you will give us another chance to impress you should you return to our area in the future.
Thanks,
New Albany, Ohio, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Wasn't there long enough to enjoy any of the outdoor surroundings. The food was terrible!…not sure if it was because I was at an obesity study, but the food should still be seasoned even if it was healthy.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Our banquet food and service are typically one of the strengths of our hotel. I am sorry you had a poor experience. Too bad you weren't here for longer to try some other options like our restaurant Two Henrys, which has been getting terrific reviews. Your comments are appreciated and we will look into the menu for the particular event you attended.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Wonderful facility to hold any type of event. The hotel staff worked hand in hand with our caterer and we couldn't have had better service, anywhere. The Ballroom is magnificent, as is The Conservatory, where we had the Cocktail hour! Everything was just as we had hoped. Everyone was outstanding!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

William M, General Manager at Hilton Pearl River, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Congratulations on your daughter's wedding! It is always an honor when families choose to spend such important occasions with us. We work very hard to make special events go so well and it means a lot to hear how satisfied you are. Thank you for letting us know.
All The Best,
Moorestown, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

The hotel proerty was beautiful, I stayed in the fall so leaves were turning on the surrounding wooded areas, and the many planted mums out front were a nice touch. I did not have a car and there wasn't much within walking distance, but the restaurant was nice, and altho a bit pricey they did have nitely specials. The taxi they called for me in the morning never showed up, and they were kind enough to call a different cab company for me. No refrigerator in the room, which was the only thingthat really bothered me as I like to bring snacks and sodas with me. Oh and the seal on the bottle of water that they left for me was already broken. I always check because I find that happens alot internationally (not necessarily at Hiltons tho), I don't usually see it in the US. But teh tap water was fine so it didn't really matter.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We recently stayed here with a wedding party and I am incredibly disappointed in our experience for two reasons:

1) My card has been charged so many times that it makes me wonder if there is someone in the back room just slapping buttons. One week prior to our arrival, I had three separate credit card charges from the Hilton Pearl River, totaling over $1500. Our correct total price was something like $250 so I thought at first that someone had stolen our card. I had to call Hilton customer service to get it sorted out and had a long voice mail from someone at the Pearl River saying there were very sorry for the inconvenience and the incorrect charges were being reversed. The charges did get reversed, but not a word was said about all the charges until I had to call in and make a fuss. I also mentioned the overcharging at the front desk and was very rudely told that it was pricline's fault (who be booked through) and not the hotel's. This was a flat out lie and the fact that I was not confrontational at all when bringing it up gave me the impression that the staff was very unprofessional. For the record, I confirmed with Hilton that if the charge says "Pearl River Hilton" it is directly from the hotel, not priceline. Now, after we have left, I have another $100 charge on my card for who knows what and will need to make another call to Hilton to get it removed.

2) Just like another reviewer, I booked a king room. We arrived around 5pm on a Friday and the check-in process went very smoothly. After we went up to the room, though, it was obvious that we did not have a king room and no mention was ever made that we wouldn't. I called the front desk to ask why and again got a rude response about how they only have "so many" king rooms available. I asked why I had been confirmed for a king room when I booked and was told that "they both cost the same, so you get a queen or two doubles." That makes absolutely no sense to me. The reservation says nothing like "or equivalent" or "not guaranteed" etc. I also didn't like that the response to asking why we didn't get the room we reserved was just that it was too bad.

Those were my two biggest issues by far, but the rude and unfriendly staff did not help, and I would agree with other reviewers that the heating/cooling unit in the room was very noisy. We are not light sleepers, but both woke up several times a night as it kicked on and off the first night. The second night, we just left it running constantly so that at least the noise would not be a problem. The walls are very thin, and we heard some very rhythmic "squeaking" the second night (good for them, I guess). We could hear every word of every conversation coming from the hallway and even a few rooms down the hall.

There is really nothing special about this hotel, other than the appearance of the exterior. It is very pretty looking and I am sure would be nice for photos or something. But inside is just average. The rooms are outdated (read: ugly) and small, the staff is unprofessional and unfriendly, and you better have plenty of room on your credit card for when you start getting phantom charges before (and after) your arrival.

I would not stay here again. This hotel does not live up to the Hilton name.

Room Tip: I have no idea how to get the room you booked, because apparently they let you book even when your r...