Hilton Pearl River
Park Ridge Marriott(Park Ridge)
$233
CandlewoodSuites
$180
$143
Orbitz.com
All reviewsrockland countydaughter's weddingcocktail hourbeautiful hotelnew jerseybreakfast buffetfitness centerfront desk staffbusiness centerindoor poolhenryspalisadessaunaaccommodationsny
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Wonderful facility to hold any type of event. The hotel staff worked hand in hand with our caterer and we couldn't have had better service, anywhere. The Ballroom is magnificent, as is The Conservatory, where we had the Cocktail hour! Everything was just as we had hoped. Everyone was outstanding!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
William M, General Manager at Hilton Pearl River, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Congratulations on your daughter's wedding! It is always an honor when families choose to spend such important occasions with us. We work very hard to make special events go so well and it means a lot to hear how satisfied you are. Thank you for letting us know.
All The Best,

Reviewed October 23, 2013

The hotel proerty was beautiful, I stayed in the fall so leaves were turning on the surrounding wooded areas, and the many planted mums out front were a nice touch. I did not have a car and there wasn't much within walking distance, but the restaurant was nice, and altho a bit pricey they did have nitely specials. The taxi they called for me in the morning never showed up, and they were kind enough to call a different cab company for me. No refrigerator in the room, which was the only thingthat really bothered me as I like to bring snacks and sodas with me. Oh and the seal on the bottle of water that they left for me was already broken. I always check because I find that happens alot internationally (not necessarily at Hiltons tho), I don't usually see it in the US. But teh tap water was fine so it didn't really matter.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We recently stayed here with a wedding party and I am incredibly disappointed in our experience for two reasons:

1) My card has been charged so many times that it makes me wonder if there is someone in the back room just slapping buttons. One week prior to our arrival, I had three separate credit card charges from the Hilton Pearl River, totaling over $1500. Our correct total price was something like $250 so I thought at first that someone had stolen our card. I had to call Hilton customer service to get it sorted out and had a long voice mail from someone at the Pearl River saying there were very sorry for the inconvenience and the incorrect charges were being reversed. The charges did get reversed, but not a word was said about all the charges until I had to call in and make a fuss. I also mentioned the overcharging at the front desk and was very rudely told that it was pricline's fault (who be booked through) and not the hotel's. This was a flat out lie and the fact that I was not confrontational at all when bringing it up gave me the impression that the staff was very unprofessional. For the record, I confirmed with Hilton that if the charge says "Pearl River Hilton" it is directly from the hotel, not priceline. Now, after we have left, I have another $100 charge on my card for who knows what and will need to make another call to Hilton to get it removed.

2) Just like another reviewer, I booked a king room. We arrived around 5pm on a Friday and the check-in process went very smoothly. After we went up to the room, though, it was obvious that we did not have a king room and no mention was ever made that we wouldn't. I called the front desk to ask why and again got a rude response about how they only have "so many" king rooms available. I asked why I had been confirmed for a king room when I booked and was told that "they both cost the same, so you get a queen or two doubles." That makes absolutely no sense to me. The reservation says nothing like "or equivalent" or "not guaranteed" etc. I also didn't like that the response to asking why we didn't get the room we reserved was just that it was too bad.

Those were my two biggest issues by far, but the rude and unfriendly staff did not help, and I would agree with other reviewers that the heating/cooling unit in the room was very noisy. We are not light sleepers, but both woke up several times a night as it kicked on and off the first night. The second night, we just left it running constantly so that at least the noise would not be a problem. The walls are very thin, and we heard some very rhythmic "squeaking" the second night (good for them, I guess). We could hear every word of every conversation coming from the hallway and even a few rooms down the hall.

There is really nothing special about this hotel, other than the appearance of the exterior. It is very pretty looking and I am sure would be nice for photos or something. But inside is just average. The rooms are outdated (read: ugly) and small, the staff is unprofessional and unfriendly, and you better have plenty of room on your credit card for when you start getting phantom charges before (and after) your arrival.

I would not stay here again. This hotel does not live up to the Hilton name.

Room Tip: I have no idea how to get the room you booked, because apparently they let you book even when your room will not be available, so you are on your own on this one...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bookingbuddies
William M, General Manager at Hilton Pearl River, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

I can understand how frustrating this must have been and I hope you accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing service and booking missteps experienced before and during your stay when you were with us for a wedding in the area. We are much better than you experienced and we certainly will use your comments in an effort to improve and exceed our guests' expectations. I would like to be able to get more details on these mistakes so I can better address them with our team. Please reach out to me directly. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.

william.maloney@hilton.com

Reviewed October 20, 2013

The Cooling/heating system was so noisy it made my stay at this otherwise nice hotel unpleasant. It would cycle on every twenty minutes with such a loud noise that it kept waking me up all night. I ask what good is it to have a nice location, lobby and staff if when it's time to get well needed sleep for a business meeting the next day?

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank spicy_11
William M, General Manager at Hilton Pearl River, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

I’m very sorry you were disturbed by the noise from your air conditioning unit during your stay. Our maintenance staff works diligently to keep these units in excellent and quiet condition and we are sorry to hear this was not your experience. Please consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area, as we would love the opportunity to improve on this past experience. If you would like to share more details with me so we can better address this particular situation, please get in touch.
Thanks,
william.maloney@hilton.com

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Very old and noise a/c or ventilation that even after turning off kept making very loud noise. I can't imagine staying in this room when it is very hot outside. A bunch of guests went outside of the hotel at night and was making very loud noises. I did not see any attempts of the hotel personnel to address this issue. The settign of the hotel is nice, the staff was quite friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Andrei S
HiltonPearlRiver, General Manager at Hilton Pearl River, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Andrei,
Thank you for your comments about the friendliness of our staff and taking the time to share your concerns as well. We appreciate your honest input and apologize for the issues with room comfort and noise from other guests. We will use your comments as we work to improve our guests satisfaction. I do hope you reconsider and give us another chance the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.