“Most staff excellent, good lodging”
Review of Hilton Pearl River

Hilton Pearl River
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pearl River
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Came in about 9 pm. Person at desk a little slow. No heat in room - was not indicated as being "occupiied" - but easily fixed and got heat. Breakfast buffet nice/ok. Easy to check out. Good shuttle service to area business. Friendly service.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 28, 2013

The front desk staff went above and beyond for us. They made us feel as if we were the only customers in the hotel. Will stay there again very soon. Breakfast was excellent and the staff was again great.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We checked in to the hotel late Sunday evening November 25th. As Diamond Hilton members we were expecting somewhat a better welcome than we got. The check in staff were totally disinterested to our arrival and offered no help whatsoever with our 4 suitcases.The room they gave us was absolutely freezing and had to wait over half an hour for a different room and they still offered no assistance in moving us.Very surprised this took so long as this was a very quiet day- very few cars in car park. When I mentioned these matters to the duty manager the following day he was very offhand and didn't even arrange for bottled water to be sent to our room which is given to all Diamond members in other Hiltons. When we checked out after 3 days they were still bleary eyed to our problems. The only saving grace with this Hotel was that we had left our passports in our bedroom safe and the security department were very efficient in helping us retrieving them. If the staff of this Hotel had been more pragmatic I would be recommending it as apposed to writing a very bad experience. The locality of Pearl River is most pleasant but next time for us will be Woodcliff Lake, more expensive but far better!

Room Tip: Nice views but check in before 6.00pm when staff more likely be be still awake
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ian L
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Pearl River while visiting family in Bergen County. The staff is very friendly, but they were hardly ever at the front desk and nearly every time we had to call "is anyone there?" But they were very accommodating and gave us a late checkout with no problems (the hotel was nearly empty this being the weekend before Christmas).

The room was spacious and the bed very comfortable. The bathroom was well appointed but the shower is awkward - there is a glass wall and no door so you have to get wet when you turn on the shower before you have a chance to set the temperature. But the rain shower and Peter Thomas Roth toiletries made up for that!

Don't bother with room service breakfast - it was expensive and didn't taste good. For less money you can eat like a king at the buffet in the restaurant. There is a wonderful restaurant nearby: Emmett's Castle. Other than this, you have to drive a ways to find a restaurant and it's 12 minutes to the nearest Starbucks.

There is cardio equipment in the fitness center and everything worked, and enough weight equipment to satisfy the average fitness enthusiast. The hot tub and pool were very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel overlooking the golf course, rather than the front which ove...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lynn-in-Chapel-Hill
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My husband and I had our reception on a Friday night in September at the Hilton and we could not be more pleased with our entire experience. From the start we were treated like our day mattered just as much to them as it did to us. The entire staff treated us with courtesy and professionalism. The place is absolutely beautiful and the food is still being raved about by our family and friends. We are still getting compliments on our choice of venue, our friends and family loved everything about the Hilton. At no point during the rainy day did I feel stressed or overwhelmed because there was always a staff member checking in with me to see how I was, which was so comforting. They overdue themselves with the details, such as our own mini cocktail hour, setting up our bridal suite at the end of the night with food, champagne, flowers and candles, having all our very important things brought up to our room without even asking such as cards, gifts, our crystal glasses, our cake topper and my vail. I can go on and on! I have to really say thank you to Gerry, Derek, Abbey and Bob for being so wonderful and attentive along with everybody else who helped make our day the absolute best it could have been at the Pearl River Hilton. Even the general manager personally emailed us to thank us for such a great wedding. Engaged couples if you're searching for a venue you can stop now!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Lkeller1501
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed at the Hilton Pearl River on business in Dec 2012. It has improved a lot since I stayed there a number of years ago, and is bright and clean with friendly staff. The prices are on the high side - but service and quality of food & drink is good. However it does feel a little "lifeless" and with the exception of a wedding party on 12/12/12 the bar and breakfast room was almost empty most of the time. It's more than a long walk from the town of Pearl River, so you must drive anywhere from there.

Room Tip: A view over the golf course is a little better than over the car-park.....just.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I would avoid this hotel. I called the hotel (not the national reservation line) to make a reservation 30 minutes before I arrived. I reserved a room with 1 king bed at $189/night. When I arrived, oops, the only king bed room had a Murphy bed. If I wanted a room with real beds, my only option was a room with two double beds - for the same price. I was offered no discount, no breakfast coupons, and, most amazingly, no apology. When I checked out, the same clerk was at the front desk, and again, he offered no apology for my inconvenience.

I feel like I was duped by the Hilton Pearl River. I called late at night (around 11 pm) and was promised a suitable room. When I arrived 30 minutes later, that room wasn't available, and it was too late to find other accommodations. At very least, I experienced ineptitude that is far below Hilton's usual standards. This hotel is very striking from the outside, but the customer service leaves much to be desired.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joshua C
HiltonPearlRiver, General Manager at Hilton Pearl River, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Joshua C,
We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience with our front desk staff upon check-in during your recent stay with us and that you were disappointed with the room choices that were available at that point. Most of all, I am very disappointed in the service you describe from the front desk agent. Typically, providing genuine exceptional service is an area in which we excel, especially at the front desk. I can understand how the situation you describe is frustrating, however, by no means were we being deceptive or trying to dupe you. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and we regret this was not your impression. Your feedback will help us to make deliver better service moving forward. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again so we might show you the quality service you deserve.
Will Maloney

#1 of 1 in Woodcliff Lake
Castle Hotel & Spa
Castle Hotel & Spa
#6 of 7 in Tarrytown

Been to Hilton Pearl River? Share your experiences!