“Great hotel nice fitness center”
Review of Hilton Pearl River

Hilton Pearl River
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pearl River
La Plata, Maryland
“Great hotel nice fitness center”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Best hotel in this area. I was here on business but it almost felt like a vacation, except I had to work. Internet work quite well. Lobby was very nice and the staff very helpful. I did not have a chance to check out the restaurant

• Stayed September 2012
HiltonPearlRiver, General Manager at Hilton Pearl River, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
erk3253,
We appreciate it. We take great pride in our hotel and it feels good to hear guests enthusiasm about staying with us. Next time, be sure to try Two Henrys.
Will Maloney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We recently had my mother's 75th birthday celebration at the Hilton, and we were very pleased with their excellent service, delicious food, & cleanliness. Every guest had only positive things to say about the hotel. Most of all, the price was very affordable. I would definitely consider holding all of our major family events at the Hilton in Pearl River again!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Glam0410,
Thanks for the compliments and Happy Birthday to your mother. Thanks for celebrating with us.
Spring Lake, New Jersey
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The Pearl River Hilton was one of the nicest Hotels we ever stayed in! We stayed for one night because we attended the Imus Ranch for Kids with Cancer Golf Outing at the Edgewood Golf and Country Club! The Hilton surpassed all of our expectations! Clean, quiet and very friendly atmosphere! Beautiful pool and great gym! We highly reccommend you stay there if you're in the area!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonPearlRiver, General Manager at Hilton Pearl River, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
phatpatsy,
Good Morning and thanks for the compliments. Our entire team takes a lot of pride in our hotel and we were excited to host the group from the Imus Ranch. I'm glad to hear how well your stay went and hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to our area.
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My family celebrated my Mother's 75th birthday at the Hilton Pearl River and we had about 120 guests. We had appetizers at the Conservatory which was a very pretty room with huge windows and lovely oval ceiling. The main party was at Ballroom C&D, which was a gorgeous huge ballroom with high ceiling and elegant chandeliers. Our guests and family had a fabulous time. Their main compliments were the delicious meal, the beautiful room and the friendly staff. The staff had smiles on their faces when I asked for assistance. On top of this, I was impressed with the service and excellent assistance from Gerry B, our maitre'd, Derrick and their team. We had a fantastic time and my Mom was very happy. We highly recommend Hilton Pearl River for their service and beautiful property.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NY_Mom6
HiltonPearlRiver, General Manager at Hilton Pearl River, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
NY_Mom6,
Congratulations on such a great party and we're happy we could be a part of celebrating your mom's 75th birthday! Thanks for the great compliments. It's always good to hear when a guest says that everyone had smiles on their faces.
River Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My family was here for a wedding and it was exquisitely done! We felt very special and well taken care of. The staff was excellent. Good food and presentation.Very professional.
Only down side was all beds are either double or King, no queen sized beds. Noisy airconditioner.

Room Tip: AC is noisy in most rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HiltonPearlRiver, General Manager at Hilton Pearl River, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
dianed51,
Thank you for the fantastic comments about the food - both taste and presentation - and the service. Weddings at our property are truly exquisite and I'm glad you and your family had that experience.
Maryland
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because it was the only hotel that was about 5 minutes from the venue of a wedding we were attending. Beautiful architecture and very quiet neighborhood. There is a golf course behind it and the hotel has a very nice indoor pool area and also a gym. I did not use any of these services so I can not comment on them.

The Clearwater Tavern in the hotel serves food till eleven pm. We ordered dinner there one night and the food was okay. The place was our only choice for dinner, it was late and we were tired plus we would have to drive far to get dinner elsewhere. The price is a bit much for the quality of the food. The food does come from the same kitchen that prepares meals for the onsite The Two Henrys Restaurant next to the tavern.

The Two Henrys Restaurant does serve good breakfast. The cold breakfast buffet cost $14.00 per person and has choices such as warm steel cut oatmeal and cream of wheat, cereal, coffee, tea, juices, water, bagel, muffin, fruits, yogurt and other pastries. For $17 person one can have a complete breakfast buffet of all the above plus more warm choices of scrambled eggs, bacon, homemade fries and more. If you have children young to teen, they will enjoy this breakfast buffet, so many offerings there's bound to be something for everybody's taste.

The service at these two places were good. The hotel itself was clean but the guest services people were not as efficient as the restaurant servers. There were a lot of guests when we were there, three weddings and a college football team but it was not noisy at all. If you love reading a newspaper they always have enough for you. The room was clean and spacious, very well lit. Plenty of windows to let in sunlight as well. The one thing I did not like was the noisy aircondition in the room. We had to turn it off at night because it was too loud at.

The front desk forgot to give us a receipt for our stay, we had to go ask them at the reception before the lady printed one for us.

Over all it is a nice hotel and if I have to stay there again I will.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonPearlRiver, General Manager at Hilton Pearl River, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
mothergirl,
Thanks for your thorough and gracious comments. I'm glad you enjoyed breakfast in Two Henrys and had very good things to say about the restaurant service. On behalf of our entire team, I hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to our area.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed here for one night before returning home from a business trip. I was awarded an upgraded room (Diamond Member) which was fantastic. The room was very clean, well kept, and the bathroom was amazing.

I ate at the hotel bar and had no problems (although I would maybe recommend putting another TV around there somewhere as it was kind of hard to see from where I was sitting but it was a playoff game so maybe it doesn't normally get that crowded down there).

The hotel staff were very friendly and I would definitely stay here again next time I am in the area (and hopefully longer than one night!)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Matt C
HiltonPearlRiver, General Manager at Hilton Pearl River, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Matt C,
Thanks for the excellent comments. I'm' glad we had an upgrade for you and we hope to see you again when you're back in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pearl River
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown
Park Ridge Marriott
Park Ridge Marriott
#1 of 1 in Park Ridge

Been to Hilton Pearl River? Share your experiences!