“Very elegant stay!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pearl River
River Falls, Wisconsin
“Very elegant stay!”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My family was here for a wedding and it was exquisitely done! We felt very special and well taken care of. The staff was excellent. Good food and presentation.Very professional.
Only down side was all beds are either double or King, no queen sized beds. Noisy airconditioner.

Room Tip: AC is noisy in most rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HiltonPearlRiver, General Manager at Hilton Pearl River, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
dianed51,
Thank you for the fantastic comments about the food - both taste and presentation - and the service. Weddings at our property are truly exquisite and I'm glad you and your family had that experience.
Will Maloney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Maryland
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because it was the only hotel that was about 5 minutes from the venue of a wedding we were attending. Beautiful architecture and very quiet neighborhood. There is a golf course behind it and the hotel has a very nice indoor pool area and also a gym. I did not use any of these services so I can not comment on them.

The Clearwater Tavern in the hotel serves food till eleven pm. We ordered dinner there one night and the food was okay. The place was our only choice for dinner, it was late and we were tired plus we would have to drive far to get dinner elsewhere. The price is a bit much for the quality of the food. The food does come from the same kitchen that prepares meals for the onsite The Two Henrys Restaurant next to the tavern.

The Two Henrys Restaurant does serve good breakfast. The cold breakfast buffet cost $14.00 per person and has choices such as warm steel cut oatmeal and cream of wheat, cereal, coffee, tea, juices, water, bagel, muffin, fruits, yogurt and other pastries. For $17 person one can have a complete breakfast buffet of all the above plus more warm choices of scrambled eggs, bacon, homemade fries and more. If you have children young to teen, they will enjoy this breakfast buffet, so many offerings there's bound to be something for everybody's taste.

The service at these two places were good. The hotel itself was clean but the guest services people were not as efficient as the restaurant servers. There were a lot of guests when we were there, three weddings and a college football team but it was not noisy at all. If you love reading a newspaper they always have enough for you. The room was clean and spacious, very well lit. Plenty of windows to let in sunlight as well. The one thing I did not like was the noisy aircondition in the room. We had to turn it off at night because it was too loud at.

The front desk forgot to give us a receipt for our stay, we had to go ask them at the reception before the lady printed one for us.

Over all it is a nice hotel and if I have to stay there again I will.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonPearlRiver, General Manager at Hilton Pearl River, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
mothergirl,
Thanks for your thorough and gracious comments. I'm glad you enjoyed breakfast in Two Henrys and had very good things to say about the restaurant service. On behalf of our entire team, I hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to our area.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed here for one night before returning home from a business trip. I was awarded an upgraded room (Diamond Member) which was fantastic. The room was very clean, well kept, and the bathroom was amazing.

I ate at the hotel bar and had no problems (although I would maybe recommend putting another TV around there somewhere as it was kind of hard to see from where I was sitting but it was a playoff game so maybe it doesn't normally get that crowded down there).

The hotel staff were very friendly and I would definitely stay here again next time I am in the area (and hopefully longer than one night!)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Matt C
HiltonPearlRiver, General Manager at Hilton Pearl River, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Matt C,
Thanks for the excellent comments. I'm' glad we had an upgrade for you and we hope to see you again when you're back in the area.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Had a quick one night stay here. As a Gold VIP no upgrade was given, no water in room but free internet and continental breakfast was offered.

Internet didn't work in one of our two rooms, but the receptionist was helpful in ensuring our two rooms were next to one another.

Hotel is very nice and has a degree of charm. Was offered the chance to upgrade breakfast to include hot options for just $3 - well worth it. A lovely breakfast room with charming staff and a real touch of character.

Plentiful free parking available and a well recommended hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank living-der-life
HiltonPearlRiver, General Manager at Hilton Pearl River, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
living-der-life,
Thanks for the comments about the staff and the character of our property, two things on which we've always prided ourselves. I'm glad you seemed to enjoy your stay and I'm sorry there were no upgraded rooms available for you on this visit. As a HH Gold member, there should have been bottled water in your room. Please get in touch to let me know the details of your stay so I can address why this was missed. We hope to see you again soon.
Islip, New York
Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

We stayed on a Saturday night with my family and my husband's extended family so we booked 3 rooms. Everyone was happy with their room, very clean, spacious, and had a nice feel. The lobby is very pretty as are the outside grounds. We used the pool, which was nicely sized, the jacquizi, and the exercise room. All areas nice and well maintained. We all had breakfast at the Hilton and it was very good, has something for everyone including homemade omelettes, muffins, French toast and fresh fruit. I had a problem with getting my correct Hilton Points and the hotel quickly called back and the manner was easily taken care of. This was a HHonors error and not the Pearl Rivers fault, but the girl was very helpful and e-mailed me all the receipts. Much appreciated.
My only complaint would be getting a cot. I put it on the request notes when I booked the hotel, I mentioned it several times when we checked in, and when we got back at 9:30 it was not in the room. We didn't get the cot to well after 10:00 PM, late for my 9 yr old. To be fair, I find this a constant problem at many hotels. I call and then double check and for some reason it just doesn't arrive. Something going on between housekeeping and general staff, but wish all Hilton's would work on this.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel. It was very busy with a wedding, but this didn't cause any troubles at all. Everything was as it should be and a pleasant stay for my extended family. Thank-You

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank KGIRL02
HiltonPearlRiver, General Manager at Hilton Pearl River, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
KGIRL02,
It sounds like you had a great trip with your extended family. I'm thankful we were able to assist in getting the issue worked out with your HHonors points. Thank you for the heads up regarding delivery of the cot. We will look into it. I hope to see you again on a future visit to the area.
Massachusetts
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Staff varied greatly by shift. Some extremely helpful - others not so much. Rooms were fine although the closet was very small. Also, only 2 bath towels for 2 people in bathroom. Had to ask to get an additional one.

Overall a fine stay, but should be expected for a Hilton.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
brunelloafcionado,
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Consistently exceptional service is our goal. There should not be a drop off from shift to shift and I am sorry if you experienced any of that. Please get in touch with me directly if you would like to share any more detail on this. We improve by listening to our guests so I hope to hear from you.
Thanks,
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I had the unfortunate experience of staying at the Holiday Inn in Orangeburg the night before. Warning - do not do this.

The second night I stayed here at the Hilton and what difference. Worth every bit of the $20 more I paid compared to the dump of a Holiday inn. GREAT front desk staff, they offered me free water bottle when I mentioned the county had some kind of water-boil problems. The room was CLEAN, newly re-done and perfect bed. The morning breakfast was great and so was nice older lady hostess who asked several times how my meal was. The one thing I would knock them down for is the wireless in the room is not free. It's only $5 a night, but it's the point that in today's world it's ridiculous to charge for this when much lower quality hotels offer this free. But then then give free USA todays, not keeping up with the times.
The grounds are beautiful, right on a golf course. Great lobby, chic bar. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank J S
HiltonPearlRiver, General Manager at Hilton Pearl River, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Good Afternoon J S,
Thanks for the great comments about the front desk, our guest rooms, and breakfast in Two Henrys, and our bar Clearwater Tavern. We'd love to have you stay with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pearl River
#1 of 3 in Nyack
Park Ridge Marriott
Park Ridge Marriott
#1 of 1 in Park Ridge

Been to Hilton Pearl River? Share your experiences!