“Great with family or friends” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Nectarologist
“Great with family or friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

Went with my wife for dinner on a Sat. night. Place was packed and the wait was estimated at 15-20 minutes. We were seated by a cheerful hostess in only 5 min. the hostess was nice enough to take our drink order and our waitress came over a few minutes later to meet us. We spkit nachos and it was great My wufe requested a couple of items not be included and they made it as requested. I had the buffalo chick wrap with seasoned fries for $1 extra (nc for rmeg fries). The wrap was great and the fries very good (not a big fry person myself). It was accompanied by a pickle that was also great (am a pickle guy). A slide of slaw finished it off. My wife had the cheesesteak and loved it. I had a bite and agreed. Our drinks were always refilled as needed and the service was speedy esp considering how bust it was. When we asked for the check it was settled quickly. We were never rushed and I like how the staff worked together as a team to make it a pleasant experience. It's a great place to watch the game at the bar with friends or to go with family. I'll definately take my kids back with us next time as it is family friendly too.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

“Good value for the money.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

We had a group dinner at the restaurant. It was a very pleasant experience. Food was ok (salmon a bit dry), and service at the bar was VERY slow. However, didn't notice as much with a large group of people. Overall, ok

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tappan, New York
“Great Lunch Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

They have a great lunch menu and most every selection I've ever ordered was done well. Also, they pour a nice Guinness and have a great selection of beers. The best of Pearl River's bars because they have the best restaurant!

Visited December 2011
Pearl River, New York
“Guinness in a frosted mug? Really?????”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

This place has absolutely gone downhill since the "new" owners took over some years ago. Even with the new renovation, which does look lovely, it is also cold and antiseptic. It feels more like a chain restaurant than a hometown saloon.
I went with a friend and sat at the bar. The bartender seriously tried to serve a "pint" of Guinness in a frosted mug! On that point alone, On top of that, I had to wait 10 to 15 minutes for the bartender's attention as he was busy talking with his friends. I can see a few minutes, when there was barely anyone else at the bar (with 2 bartenders on, no less!) I will not go back in. If you sit at the bar, seems like if you are not a friend of the owner or bartender, than you have quite a wait for a drink. There are better places to drink in Pearl River.

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank foodbeeoch
“Friendly, reliable, rustic, charming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

Great location in heart of town. Welcoming. Great staff, particularly Mary Ellen. Solid food. Great drinks. A great asset to pearl river.