“Great sushi / unfriendly staff ”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of No. 1 Sushi

No. 1 Sushi
Ranked #7 of 51 Restaurants in Pearl River
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
“Great sushi / unfriendly staff ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Amazing sushi but waiters/staff not pleasant. If you ask for utensils or napkins they are not happy to go get it got you. And it takes a while. Also if you ask a question she's not happy to answer it . Great food and great prices, I just wished the staff was happy to be there.

1 Thank Mmagdalena81

New City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing quality and so cheap!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

This is by far the best sushi around. They offer unlimited sushi, hot menu items, and dessert for $21 and it is incredible food. It is pretty much always packed (for good reason!) and the staff is very accommodating and friendly. It is extremely clean and the owner is there often.

My SO and I always get the manhattan roll and the banana tempura with ice cream. The shrimp teriyaki is delicious too and there are plenty if vegetarian options for those who choose not to eat meat.

Overall, this place continues to have impeccable quality time after time, no matter when we go. An amazing Japanese/sushi restaurant!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Katie R
Park Ridge, New Jersey
“Really good food, but overcrowded.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant once and it was extremely crowded. It is not a big place, but we had to sit at the bar just so we didnt have to wait a long time, which was fine. We ordered a couple of appetizers and they were very impressive in both the presentation and the taste. We felt that while the rolls are good, there is not enough variety. Many of the same ingredients are in a lot of the rolls. However, we received good service and I think we would go again, maybe earlier so we could get a table in the back of the restaurant.

They have tables in the front of the restaurant but when it started getting really crowded, there were people standing right next to the door, which were right next to the tables, and the people sitting at those tables did not look very comfortable. Also, the parking makes me hesitant to go into the shopping plaza because it is so narrow and close to other cars, there is one main entrance and exit, kind of scary if you have a big truck.

Other than that, the food was good, the price was good, and the service was good.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Tnmffie
Hackensack, New Jersey
“Amazing All You Can Eat Sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was hesitant about going to an all-you-can-eat sushi place, but Number 1 Sushi in Pearl River is amazing. $21 per person for all you can eat sushi, sashimi and hot appetizers.

Highly recommended.

I'm not giving it 5 stars, because I never give 5 stars unless something extraordinary happened. With that being said it was very good food at a very good price.

• Visited May 2013
Nanuet, New York
“The Quality of the Sushi is Very Good, the Value is Great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

I think this place offers the best value for sushi in New York. They offer an all you can eat menu for $24 but unlike other all you can eat places, this is not a buffet. The sushi is all made fresh to order. You can order sushi as well as other Japanese dishes and even deserts. I have visited four times and have never had a bad dish. My only concern is that it is too good to be true. In fact the first time I visited the all you can eat was only $18 and they've raised the price every single time I've gone since. I still think it is a great deal because the food I ordered would have been about $60 in any other restaurant with this quality and service. I do recommend this to anyone who likes sushi.

• Visited December 2012