“2011 TRAVEL”

Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dublin, Ireland
“2011 TRAVEL”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I went to visit Emmett S Castle during the summer. First it is a lovely location on a lovely golf course. The food ..I had dinner....was top class.. The Service was excellent and I would highly recommend Emmets to anyone looking for great food/ excellent service in a relaxed and friendly enviorment.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Knoxville1991
Emmett W, Owner at Emmett's Castle at Blue Hill, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner with us last year and appreciate that you took the time to write a review. Glad we made such a good impression! Please stop in again. -- Emmett

Nyack, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“beautiful restaurant”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I went to Emmett's castle for the first time, for lunch on a Wednesday. The restaurant and the views were beautiful. I decided to get a Reuben since it's one of my favorite and usually get it when it's on the menu. The cheese that was used was good and the pastrami wasn't too think either. I sat at the bar and the bartender took my order quickly.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank lily s
Thank you for trying Emmett's Castle at Blue Hill. Glad to hear you enjoyed the Reuben and that you found the restaurant and views beautiful. It's location is one of the reasons we opened the restaurant here along with the chance to restore the mansion to its old-world charm. Please come again. -- Emmett
Manhasset, New York
“My wife and I had a great day golfing followed by an excellent meal at Emmett's Castle.”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I wish I could say that my golf score was better, but all was forgotten by dinner time at Emmett's Castle. I had a steak, and my wife had the shrimp with Pene Ala Vodka. I ate half of her dinner as well. It was was a good day, great meal, and a wonderful staff. The next time we have a day off, we'll go back to Blue Hill.

• Visited August 2012
Sorry the golf score wasn't higher but I'm glad we could turn your day around for you with a good meal and service. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and to let me know that you and your wife enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you again soon. -- Emmett
Park Ridge, New Jersey
“GREAT PLACE”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My family have dinner at Emmetts Castle at least once a month since new ownership took over. We love it and cannot say enough about the place. The staff are the best and are so friendly and attentive. The new owner has done such a great job with the place. We had only been there once before and will keep coming back. Keep up the great work. Food is great and the view is amazing. Cant say enough only that is why we will be your loyal customers for a long time to come.

• Visited July 2012
Emmett W, Owner at Emmett's Castle at Blue Hill, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Sharon, glad you enjoyed your time at Emmett's Castle. Hope to see you again soon. -- Emmett
Old Lyme, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Luncheon at the Castle”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I've just returned from a birthday luncheon for ~20 people that we held at Emmett's Castle. Jeannette, the event planner, was attentive to every detail while we were planning the event the past 6 weeks, and the 2 servers assigned to our party were fabulous. We were in the upstairs room which was beautifully set and serviced, and easily accommodated our group. We had the dinner buffet, which was excellent - everything from the chicken and salmon, to the pasta and Emmett's potatoes was well-seasoned and tasty. And I highly recommend the Emmett's potatoes - they were worth every calorie!! It was a lovely afternoon and all the guests enjoyed themselves. I have high expectations when hosting an event and I could not have asked for a better experience. Emmett's will be on our short list for future events.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank SDA60
Emmett W, Owner at Emmett's Castle at Blue Hill, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for your nice comments. I'm glad to hear that your mother and her friends enjoyed themselves. It's our goal to make your event as stress-free and memorable as possible. Happy "60th" Peggy! Hope to see you all in the near future.