“Yummy Specials at this local spot”
Review of Quinta Steakhouse

Quinta Steakhouse
Ranked #5 of 51 Restaurants in Pearl River
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Pearl River, New York
“Yummy Specials at this local spot”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband and I ate dinner here last night. We return often for the great stable menu with fabulous fries as a side on all of the steaks. The mashed potatoes are fabulous--smooth, creamy and real! The Portuguese choices are excellent and they make the best flan ever for dessert! But last night we had some wonderful specials created by the chef. I chose the portabello mushroom appetizer with carmelized onions, goat cheese, and sherry cream sauce. Yummy! I normally don't dig into the warm bread (for my health :) but last night I had two pieces so that I could get every drop of that sherry sauce off of my plate. My husband had the hanger steak with Madeira sauce and blue cheese risotto (another special). He loved his choice. He started with the spinach salad which is a staple on the menu. It had very fresh baby spinach and some hard boiled egg along with the bacon dressing. I enjoyed the steamed clams in white wine, garlic, and cilantro sauce (another menu constant). Always listen to the specials. You'll be glad you did.

• Visited December 2012

Ann Arbor, Mi
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and I were pleasantly surprised to find such excellent food in this unassuming restaurant in downtown Pearl River. The crisp crust on the tasty warm Portuguese bread set the tone for our meal. We both had exceptional seafood dinners graciously served by an attentive staff. We'll return the next time we're in town.

Blauvelt
“Great service, great food, great sangria!”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

For years we have been going to Quinta's for their lunch specials. I get the salmon with rice and a salad. They give you nice warm bread and the salad dressing is amazing!
The salmon is always good, and I feel like I am eating healthy :)
Friends have tried (and liked) the pork chops, and the empenadas.

The red sangria is so delicious!

And the lunch specials are cost effective!

• Visited April 2012
Emerson, New Jersey
“Good food, so-so staffing”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Made reservation for 5 for my wife's birthday and about 5 days before dinner, had to change the reservation to add 2 more people. When we arrived at restaurant, the staff at the door indicated that the reservation had been cancelled, which was untrue. However, to their credit they were able to seat my party. The food was great, but wait staff has some difficulty explaining clearly the menu and one of the party received veal when he thought he was getting steak. Again they cleared the problem, but the staff needs to work on these issues to make Quinta a truely great restaurant

• Visited April 2012
Pearl River, New York
“Great Seafood”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

This is a Portuguese restaurant and has some of the best seafood I have ever had anywhere. It's called a steakhouse, but honestly I go here for the seafood. Be prepared, it is pricey and ala carte but they do have specials.
The atmosphere is cosy and comfortable and the wait staff are courteous and accommodating.
Whatever is being offered for a special is a total 'must get". Also, they do a very good cheese plate and have a very good wine selection. Don't leave without getting a cappuccino and the flan - it's to die for!

• Visited March 2012