“Excellent smoked/BBQ -- top notch”
Review of Johnny's BBQ Smokehouse Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I had a feeling that something was up -- first, a friend recommended it, and he's a chef. He knows quality smoked/BBQ food and not that I have the same exact tastes, I respect his opinion, so I'll give a place a shot on his recommendation. Second, several local people I know rave about the place.

We get there and it's packed. Good sign. A lot of people, from locals, to people who traveled to get there, and a lot of repeat customers. Another good sign.

Service was good, attentive, and the place was very crowded. The bar was crowded as well. Nice nightspot. From the beers/drinks before and when we were seated, to the Texas lollipops and other appetizers, to the entrées -- everything was top-notch. Quality food, excellent smoked/BBQ, and tons of flavor! I would go back here in a heartbeat.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

We had high hopes for this smokehouse, but were disappointed. The service was good & waitstaff was friendly. Nice selections of beer on tap (as you'd expect at an Irish bar), but sad to say the food was mediocre. We tried the sampler which gave us a taste of the baby back ribs, pulled pork, and one other meat (unfortunately I can't remember it...), and two sides (we chose the cole slaw & cabbage with bacon - both average). The ribs were tender but tasted nothing special, and the pork had a strange taste to it. Not worth it.

Reviewed November 8, 2011

I usually don't post to local restaurants/hotels but I just had to review Johnny's. We used to be very regular patron's at Bailey's in Blauvelt but stopped going after several poor experiences a few years ago. When we heard that Johnny's was opening, we knew we'd have to try it. There was so much buzz about it. Since our first visit, we have been back nearly weekly. The pulled pork, the texas lollipops, and the corn souffle are must orders. Really, you cannot go wrong with anything on the menu. My kids are addicted to their babyback ribs. Last week, I had a burger for the first time (very good). The specials are always delicious. I found the waitstaff and bartenders to deliver fast/friendly service. Johnny is ALWAYS there and very on top of things. The only negative is that it is now SO popular, the bar portion can get packed on Football Sunday's. However, there are extra seats and televisions in the dining area, so this is not really a big deal.

2  Thank nickib983
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Food is awesome , portions are a bit small for the price. Started going when they first opened and thought service was having some growing pains, it's time mgmt took the bull by the horns and whipped the waitstaff into shape. On my last visit more than once had to go to the bar to get my own drinks, could not find the wAitress. Mist end with the food excellent!! For now go give them a shot.

1  Thank John H
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Happy with my meal. Very yummy. Great staff. Smoked meat delicious. Large portions. Not Bailey's though.

1  Thank 40nfab