“awesome food!”

Rolling River Cafe Gallery & Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Parksville
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: An intimate restaurant on Little Beaverkill River serving delicious international cuisine with soup, appetizer and entree specials every week. Rob the chef prepares a full range of food from tapas to racks of lamb. See menu on website. Gentle music piped in, full bar, take-out available. On the walls hang numerous pieces of art showcasing the work of renowned artists and photographers, local and international. And next door to the cafe gallery is a cozy 4 bedroom Inn right on the river. Rates are daily and weekly, with 10% off meals at the cafe for our guests. Owners Kim & Rob Rayevsky
New York City, New York
“awesome food!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My fiancé and I where in the Catskills for a long wind and we were looking for a good spot to have dinner, the owner of the house we rented recommended the rolling river café and gallery, at first we didn't know what to expect since it really is sort of hidden but as soon as we were served we realized that it as indeed a diamond in the rough, the bread with warm olive oil, the great salads with a great combination of flavor, fantastic entrées that consisted of lamb chops and grilled shrimp with potato skins, the cheery limeade, chocolate fudge ice cream and pumpkin and squash pie were all just delicious. The service was prompt and the servers were so very nice, we would definitely recommend it and would love to go back when it's warm to enjoy the river.

• Visited October 2013

Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Extraordinary Restaurant!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We were visiting my son and his partner in the Catskills and wanted to finish off the trip with a great dinner. My son recommended the café and the four of us has a wonderful experience that evening! We took a table outside by the stream(river or kill) as we had my son's dog with us.
The server was very well informed as to the offerings and answered numerous questions with quick responses. We all ordered seafood but I had to have a glass of the St Emilion Bordeaux, not often available by the class. We had mussels for an appetizer, nice salads before our entrees of scallops, sautéed shrimp, and two orders of trout, locally grown at the Beaverkill Hatchery in the area. The service was paced nicely, the food was beautifully presented, and the atmosphere was delightful.
The only disappointment were the desserts. We shared a cream brulee and a carrot cake ( I believe) and they were just okay, not bad but not as great as the entrees.

I would hesitate to bring children but I would highly recommend this little café to anyone else visiting this area!

• Visited August 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Very Good (considering your choices)”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

After helping a friend on his farmhouse, hungrily driving back to NYC along highway 17, the Rolling River Cafe is like the one lit house in the middle of a ghost town. Eclectic menu and scene. I wouldn't say the food was outstanding, but it's interesting to be offered perogies in sour cream while watching the river roll beside you outdoors.
That said, I didn't appreciate a cheeseburger to be ~$12 to not include a side of fries. So I ordered their "fries" and was served bland, baby potato wedges that were tried to be flavored with onion.

Overall, I'd say it's worth the stop, and I might stop to try something else next time.

• Visited August 2013
Princeton, NJ
“Slow Food done to perfection!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We went to dinner at Rolling River after hearing about it being an organic restaurant. What we experienced was an absolutely delicious, locally sourced, Russian-styled meal! Even the our waitress was a joy! For appetizers, we had the beef tongue, mozzarella/ peach/mint and oysters on the 1/2 shell. All were terrific. Our entrees were the Russian beef/pork dumplings w/sour cream, cornish hen (a special) and the breast of duck. Again, just wonderful. Desserts did not disappoint either - the lemon cheese cake and the chocolate ganache. The only regret - that I didn't get the homemade bloody mary! Next time.....

• Visited July 2013
Albany, New York
“Great Restaurant in Sullivan County”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Had Putin’s tears, oysters and scallops. Normally I wouldn't have seafood so far from the shore, but they were the specials. The food was good, and I would say great for Sullivan County.

The resturant itself is a renovated old house. The place would be sketchy in any other county in NY (exiting, accessibility, etc). Make a note of the exiting when entering...

• Visited July 2013