“Great Ice Cream!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Grist Mill has a delicous ice cream. The service is hit or miss, the food isn't really to my taste but the ice cream.... YUM!

Reviewed October 28, 2018

The place is very clean and inviting. The food was good. The prices were a little higher for a truck stop restaurant, but not horrible.

Reviewed October 18, 2018

What can you say – it’s a truck stop. They have good food in ample portions, and the waitresses all seem to know their customers by name. I had a turkey club with onion rings that did the job. Nothing spectacular, but good food for a low price. I had leftovers to take with me.

1  Thank Larry W
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Went to breakfast with my grandfather at this location. It has been years since I’ve been to this location. Everyone is friendly, the food is cooked fresh and tastes great. Looking at some of the lunch/dinner prices, they’re a little more pricy then most diners/family local restaurants I’ve been to. Breakfast prices are fairly decent. This restaurant has a good variety of food and specials. I would recommend coming here.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

We had three couples in our party.
Hot pork sandwich good, corn chowder good, service good. Cons: Prices have increased and are a little high.
Fish sandwich with Mac and cheese was $10.00. Other places charge $12.00 for the dinner. Roast beef au jus would have been good if the roll hadn’t fallen apart. One persons mac and cheese was mostly the topping. Haddock was disappointing. All couples agree - stick to breakfast here.

Date of visit: June 2018
David C, Owner at Grist Mill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2018

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Because we use only the finest ingredients in our food preparation, we are at times challenged to provide the large servings while keeping prices low. We do appreciate your feedback, and hope that you will visit us again soon.