“Great tour”
Review of Smith Family Farm

Smith Family Farm
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Palmyra
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour the Smith Family Farm to learn more about the boyhood of Joseph Smith Jr., the first prophet and president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Visit the nearby Sacred Grove, where Joseph received a vision of God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. Tours are Free.
Reviewed August 22, 2017

Loved visiting the Smith family farm and sacred grove. The missionaries who give the tour are always super knowledgable and friendly.

All reviews
"sacred grove"
in 48 reviews
"smith family"
in 13 reviews
"log home"
in 9 reviews
"jesus christ of latter day saints"
in 14 reviews
"historical place"
"visitor center"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

I read a lot of historical books and happen to be reading the assassination of Joseph Smith. My husband and I decided to drive over from Buffalo to check it out. Very easy to find off New York State thruway. Having been to salt lake I was hesitant when I entered the welcome center and was told we would need a guide. I was afraid I'd be given the hard sell on Mormonism. I was really wrong. The cute young missionary from the Philippines was very delightful and insightful about it, politely answering our questions while showing us the homes.

It's a well kept historical place even if your not into religion. We learned about the crop failures in Vermont that lead to a lot of people resettling in WNY and the period cabin and house are absolutely amazing. The property is beautiful and we are thinking of returning in the fall when the leaves turn. The trails in the woods are peaceful with well placed benches for reflecting. I highly recommend

2  Thank Lmakey
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

The walk through the grove makes this stop worthwhile. The staff is not pushy, very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed August 13, 2017

The missionaries who toured us here were wonderful. We are not Mormon but wanted to see the sites and learn more about the faith before attending pageant. We had a great time here and were able to ask questions and enjoy the beautiful natural areas. Free admission and parking and crowd control was well-managed at what we heard was one of the busiest seasons of the year.