“good food, excellent service”
Review of Zapata

Zapata
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Palisades
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Went there last night for the first time. Food was better than any local Mexican restaurants I have been to in Bergen or Rockland and the service was excellent. It is family run and the wait staff was very friendly and attentive. The Strawberry Margarita was excellent I will be back here many times.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is very nice-looking restaurant from the outside with plenty of parking. The interior decor is nice and the waiters are super friendly. It can be a bit noisy. The real problem is the food which is nothing special at all, hence the 'ho hum' for the title of this review. We have been here perhaps 3 or 4 times, each time hoping for things to improve, menu-wise. We have finally givien up. They really could have a fine business here if they would only make their menu more interesting and appealing, especially to people who are familiar with really good quality Mexican fare. It is just simply not worth the price. We read the other reviews here and we seem to not be alone in our opinion about the food.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

The appearance of Zapata from the road is quite appealing. There is adequate outdoor parking even on Cinco de Mayo.

I was here once before, but, several years ago so I didn’t recall my past experience here. I decided to eat here of all days on Cinco de Mayo. You might imagine this would be the worse day to eat at Zapata or any other Mexican restaurant.

When we arrived after visiting Coney Island around 5pm the place was as expected packed and hoping. But despite the busy day we were seated almost immediately and our table service was unbelievably swift despite this most busy day. It quickly became evident that Zapata had extra staff on board to handle today’s busy crowd. You could see all of them almost running around to serve the need’s of the patrons.

I started with their Cadillac margarita for $9. Their regular margaritas are $8. They were served almost immediately along with the complimentary tortilla chips and salsa. The margarita was served in a nice margarita glass. The salsa had some nice kick to it.

I ordered the steak fajitas for $17.95, which was also quickly served. I found the large pieces of steak to large to eat so I had to cut them up into much smaller pieces. I think the restaurant should cut the steak into the smaller sizes prior to serving. The steak itself was somewhat tasteless, which was my only disappointment today. But, considering today’s busy day I felt their service was extremely fast. The total cost was $64 for both of us excluding gratuity.

Because of the swift service, we both decided we will return on a normal day and I will try another dish other than the steak fajitas.

5  Thank Tony J
Reviewed April 12, 2013

They pay attention to quality the way no similarly priced restaurant ever does. First of all, they make the best Margaritas anywhere. And the food is so good you can order beef fajita rare because the beef is not scrappy strips but rather slices of an excellent steak.

Also, it is very handsome inside and the staff is well-trained.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Found this place by accident. Happened to pass it by on the way to a client. We're tired of the average Mexican Restaurants in our area (lower westchester county) and decided to try it. It was great! The service was outstanding - attentive without being annoying. The drinks were excellent. A nice touch with a free cheese quesadilla prior to the meal. I love spicy food and asked for my dish (fish fajitas), to be made extra spicy. It was, and not just heat, but with flavor. My wife loved her enchilada suizas. Again, a nice touch with an after dinner drink. Thank you Adolfo for a great dining experience and you can be sure that we'll be seeing you again and again.